Wrx driveshaft

Yes, as far as I know the only differences between driveshafts is between the 5spd and the 6spd - the latter is shorter and the same length as the auto driveshaft

Yes, as far as I know the only differences between driveshafts is between the 5spd and the 6spd - the latter is shorter and the same length as the auto driveshaft

Cool, better to buy a second hand genuine shaft or a brand new ebay one?

Cool, better to buy a second hand genuine shaft or a brand new ebay one?

Personally I wouldn?t buy an eBay driveshaft given the function it performs. I?d go oem for sure - good condition used one - just make sure the carrier bearing isn?t borked.

Personally I wouldn?t buy an eBay driveshaft given the function it performs. I?d go oem for sure - good condition used one - just make sure the carrier bearing isn?t borked.

Thanks for your help mate, think I sorted out one :thumbsup:

One more question, do I need a new axle nut when replacing the driveshaft or the old one is fine? Thanks.

One more question, do I need a new axle nut when replacing the driveshaft or the old one is fine? Thanks.

Lads reuse them but apparently it hard to get an accurate torque on it the second time and for less them ?10 I think it?s worth changing

Back