WRC RALLY MEXICO 2015..

wagon dec

Member Number 257
4917_Lavadinho_Mexico-Guerra-2015-Cover_1.jpg.jpg

http://www.rallymexico.com
Route
•Based in the country’s fifth largest city of León, 400km north-west of Mexico City.
•Covers familiar territory in the Sierra de Lobos and Sierra de Guanajuato mountains, north and east of León.
•Begins on Thursday night with the start and opening test in picturesque Guanajuato.
•Friday’s leg returns to the area for three dirt tests.
•The final two days are closer to León and the last leg re-uses some roads from Saturday.

Challenge
•Drivers must remember how to master gravel roads. It’s the first of six consecutive dirt rounds and the first hot gravel event since Australia last September.
•Temperatures nearing 30°C put stress on engines and transmissions.
•The route climbs to the season’s highest point at 2737m. Engines struggle to breathe in the thin air and lose 20 per cent power.
•Less power means mistakes are punished more severely as accelerating back to top speed takes longer.
•Concrete culverts across the roads can inflict big damage.

Car spec
•Normal gravel suspension – the roads are not rough but become rutted during the second pass.
•Only hard compound tyres are used due to high temperatures and hard-packed roads.

History
•First held in 1979, the rally moved to León in 1998 and joined WRC in 2004.
•The 2007 rally was the shortest in WRC history with a total distance of less than 850km. It still included more than 366km of stages and more than 43 per cent was competitive.
•Sébastien Loeb scored six consecutive wins between 2006 and 2012 (the rally was absent in 2009 due to rotation).

What’s new for 2015
•Thursday night’s curtain-raiser in Guanajuato is followed by tests at León’s race circuit, a popular viewing spot for fans.
•A short street stage close to the service park returns to an early afternoon slot on Friday and Saturday.

Don’t miss
•The colourful ceremonial start in Guanajuato, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Music, dancing and a party atmosphere create one of the season’s highlights and the opening stage through former mining tunnels begins there and then. Get there early – the crowds are huge!

HIGHLIGHTS ON MOTORS TV SKY 413 AND BT SPORT

BUSINESS AS USUAL for ogier that is >>>>>>>>>>>
5438_SebOgier-Mexico-2015_001_896x504.jpg

Sébastien Ogier set the pace in shakedown at Rally Guanajuato Mexico on Thursday morning as drivers showed their skills on gravel for the first time for almost four months.

The FIA World Rally Championship leader went fastest on his fourth of five runs through the 5.55km Llano Grande stage in a Volkswagen Polo R.

He was 2.2sec quicker than Thierry Neuville’s Hyundai i20, which is using a modified fuel injection system to help counter the effects of power loss caused by the high altitude stages.

“I’m happy with the feeling in the car, and everything worked well, but it doesn’t mean that it looks good for the rally," said Ogier, who will be first through Friday and Saturday's stages.

"We will see what we can do of course. Here we tried to work on some solutions to compensate for the conditions we will face. It’s a simple objective: the grip is lower when you’re the first car, so we tried to find a set-up that generates the most grip!"

Kris Meeke was third, only 0.3sec behind the Belgian driver, in Citroen’s DS 3, having topped the times earlier in the session.

Jari-Matti Latvala and Mads Østberg were tied in fourth a tenth of a second behind the Briton, with Andreas Mikkelsen completing the top six another tenth back.

Dani Sordo, returning to action after missing last month’s Rally Sweden with broken ribs, didn’t help his injury by crashing 3.6km after the start of his fourth run. The car was reported to be undamaged but the Spaniard was unable to regain the road.

Italian Lorenzo Bertelli completed shakedown with no issues, the FWRT team happy after its missing container finally arrived in León at 02.00 this morning, allowing the squad to set up in the service park and access tools and spares.

The top 10 times were:

Position

Driver

Car

Time

1. Sébastien Ogier Volkswagen Polo R 3min 47.6sec
2. Thierry Neuville Hyundai i20 + 2.2sec
3. Kris Meeke DS 3 + 2.5sec
4= Jari-Matti Latvala Volkswagen Polo R + 2.6sec
4= Mads Østberg DS 3 + 2.6sec
6. Andreas Mikkelsen Volkswagen Polo R + 2.7sec
7. Robert Kubica Ford Fiesta RS + 3.0sec
8. Dani Sordo Hyundai i20 + 5.0sec
9. Ott Tänak Ford Fiesta RS + 6.4sec
10. Elfyn Evans Ford Fiesta RS + 6.5sec

If someone can put up the Vid. Jesus they got out quick.
And i think meeke went out ????
b8886dd763e6fb57cdae49ead6b11361.jpg

fu*k they were lucky ,id say the belts were before they hit the water they didn't hang around in fairness

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLmVcBPG1sQ[/youtube]

:eek7:they were lucky if they had to be trapped after a big off would have being bad car went down in less than 10 sec . Great to see them swimming away :clap:

on a lighter note the fiesta was always useless at holding out water :multijump: :multijump:

in fairness though they were lucky lads ,that could have ended a lot differently

Word is msport has the fiesta back running ready to go after 10 hours in the lake.
Ah the aul fords must be tough dec. ????
ad97475ea1908a1c62160c49147ac51e.jpg

That's fair going, I wonder will he be effected by it he looked a bit dazed after he hit out of the car

wagon dec

tt Tänak said:

"It was a different experience today. I braked too hard into a compression which damaged the front-right suspension. We couldn't steer the car around the next left-hand corner and went off the edge of the road. The drop was so steep that we rolled into the water.

"Luckily the car landed on its wheels but the water was so deep that the car sank really fast. As soon as we opened the doors the car was gone in just a few seconds. I also had a problem with my intercom wire because it didn't come loose and was dragging me under the water. We were really lucky. It was not a nice moment to have.

"After that there was no chance to contact the team. The radio was gone and there was very little phone signal where we were. No one back at the team knew what had happened to us for almost 20 minutes and that – as you can imagine – was a big concern for everyone back in the service park.

"I've never had this type of feeling before. It's an empty feeling but the best thing is to get back in the car. The team are trying to get the car back as soon as possible and they are ready to fight all night to repair it ready for tomorrow. It sounds like a crazy plan, but if there is any chance to restart the rally I know my team can make it happen."

That's what he had to say, some fright to get in fairness

wagon dec

Jesus lucky men.
Mayo man Brian Moore working with msport over there. Mayo claiming credit for gettin it back on the road

Nice one :) they are looking for technicians at the moment I read it on the net somewhere

wagon dec

Back