Would you pick this before the new STi Impreza?

As Above

• Total voters
I think I would. That is a very nice car! And 300bhp is not bad :p

Take the engine, chassis and drivetrain from the sti and the looks of the focus, i think that looks savage... Wonder why they wouldnt go 4wd seeing as they have the technology for rallying??

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=8137.msg97359#msg97359 date=1215169331]
Take the engine, chassis and drivetrain from the sti and the looks of the focus, i think that looks savage... Wonder why they wouldnt go 4wd seeing as they have the technology for rallying??
[/quote]

costs ..plain and simple..no matter how much rallying tech they have to get it to the road would cost too much and IMO they would still be behind iDCCD and AYC...They offical ford release talks of staying with fwd to keep weight down but ID sacfarfice 150kgs for awd traction..looks wise I prefer the original focus rs

The torque steer must be ddreadful in a fwd car with 300bhp, nice looking shell though.

:worship: :worship:
smashin car i reckon....
my next car wont be a scooby so maybe something like this but i reckon a evo x will be hard to top!!!!!!!!!

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=8137.msg97395#msg97395 date=1215186813]
:worship: :worship:
smashin car i reckon....
my next car wont be a scooby so maybe something like this but i reckon a evo x will be hard to top!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

blasphemy!!!! :p

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8137.msg97351#msg97351 date=1215167620]
300 to much for the front wheels..dont care if jesus himself designed the diff
[/quote]

I think you're wrong there. For starters bhp and torque will be limited in the first 3 gears and this combined with the torque sensing diff and and special anti torque steer suspension will mean it will handle 300bhp no problem. The real problem is not that it can't handle 300bhp, which it easily will, it will be that it wont handle 350 or 400 bhp as it will be hard for fast Ford buyers to leave the RS alone especially with so many tunes STIs and EVOs around.

I'm no ford man but I would buy one of these and I'd safely bet that it will be a riot around a track. The best bit is the fact that it is exoected to sell at around 25K in the UK which massively undercuts the EVO and is 1,500 cheaper than the plane jane sti.

Despite Ford's enviable record of its RS cars holding their value amazingly well, this car is due to sell in relatively large numbers (hence the fwd instead of the more expensive and heavy awd) and that combined with the present and here to stay fuel prices will mean that this may become a real bargain on the second hand market relative to second hand cossies and the 1st gen RS Focus. Ford are a bit late to the party with this one but better late than never.

Frawls

prefer the new sti any day, with a lot of mods tho.
it would look sweet then.
but i would take the 2.0T focus over that one.

[quote author=FRAWLS link=topic=8137.msg97400#msg97400 date=1215188289]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=8137.msg97351#msg97351 date=1215167620]
300 to much for the front wheels..dont care if jesus himself designed the diff
[/quote]

I think you're wrong there. For starters bhp and torque will be limited in the first 3 gears and this combined with the torque sensing diff and and special anti torque steer suspension will mean it will handle 300bhp no problem. The real problem is not that it can't handle 300bhp, which it easily will, it will be that it wont handle 350 or 400 bhp as it will be hard for fast Ford buyers to leave the RS alone especially with so many tunes STIs and EVOs around.

I'm no ford man but I would buy one of these and I'd safely bet that it will be a riot around a track. The best bit is the fact that it is exoected to sell at around 25K in the UK which massively undercuts the EVO and is 1,500 cheaper than the plane jane sti.

Despite Ford's enviable record of its RS cars holding their value amazingly well, this car is due to sell in relatively large numbers (hence the fwd instead of the more expensive and heavy awd) and that combined with the present and here to stay fuel prices will mean that this may become a real bargain on the second hand market relative to second hand cossies and the 1st gen RS Focus. Ford are a bit late to the party with this one but better late than never.

Frawls
[/quote]

we'll see..i read the ford press release aswell...the rs had the same knovknuckle setup and quaiff diff it was great on a flat surface but terrible on bumpy roads..suppose the proof is in the pudding as they say

Back