World's fastest street legal car

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=4105.msg43518#msg43518 date=1193718602]
[quote author=Twinnie link=topic=4105.msg43514#msg43514 date=1193710121]Jesus Greenwagon you must be really old, I mean this is what the Batmobile looked like when I was a wee lad :D[/quote]

Old enough to have some good memories, but not old enough to have any sense... :nana:

But if I was "really old", the batmobile would have looked like this:

Batmobile-Detective_No_30Aug1939.jpg

The first Batmobile, from Detective No. 30, Aug. 1939.
[/quote]
I always wondered whether or not as you got older maturity set in like a good cheddar...... I guess people just are'nt the same as cheese :D

Somehow I reckon this thread should be renamed

52lzfvq.jpg

:D

[quote author=Twinnie link=topic=4105.msg43653#msg43653 date=1193774063]Somehow I reckon this thread should be renamed

52lzfvq.jpg

:D[/quote]

Maybe that's what the 2,200bhp car needs - a big pair of bat's wings on the boot, to balance that ugly bulge in the bonnet? Then it would look even more tacky than it already does!  :roll:

yeh, he really need to get rid those stickers. even thought he will loose power by doing so . . .

@ Norris

Hey, I just discovered another "Batmobile" for you! The Morgan Aeromax, "one of the fastest accelerating sports cars in Europe". It was built in 2005 specially for a wealthy banker, so a bit like the first Bugatti Atlantic produced - the metallic blue one (they only built a total of four originals, including the works car):

Morgan_Aeromax.jpg

Only now Morgan are going to build a limited edition of just 100 Aeromaxes, with production commencing in early 2008. Prices will start at £94,000 + vat, and the car will be offered in either manual or automatic form. To secure your very own example, you can email beverley.moore@morgan-motor.co.uk , but there is a £25,000 deposit requirement.

I always fancied a Moggie (Morgan) and love the style of the Bugatti Atlantic, so a car that combines the two would be ideal - only I don't suppose I could afford the VRT, never mind the rest of it...  :(

the morgan aero 8 (which looks alot like that), has v8 m5 engine and runnin gear and not near the weight :dance:

:thumbsup:

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4105.msg43750#msg43750 date=1193831619]
thats very nice. but it needs to be painted black :D
[/quote]

I'm sure they could accommodate you, grey wheels too maybe, if you sent them a booking deposit.  :D

Tell you what, if you buy the car, I'll get you the Batman outfit, cape, tights, the lot! Now you don't get an offer like that every day... :lol:

[quote author=six spoke clive link=topic=4105.msg43720#msg43720 date=1193815487]
the morgan aero 8 (which looks alot like that), has v8 m5 engine and runnin gear and not near the weight :dance:

:thumbsup:[/quote]

It's based on the Morgan Aero Eight chassis (the lightest V8 production platform in the world) incorporating exterior elements of that car, but it probably has a lower drag coefficient with the hard top and fastback?

Here's another picture of it, with the Malvern Hills (where Morgan do their testing) in the background:

Morgan_AeroMax_malvern.jpg

Back