World's fastest street legal car

there was a couple fo features on fifth gear about this car...do a search on you tube i couldnt be asked

I think Id like to get a loan for 100k and buy it and swop it to somebody for a Bugatti Veyron :pray:

[quote author=Twinnie link=topic=4105.msg42936#msg42936 date=1193355721]
I think Id like to get a loan for 100k and buy it and swop it to somebody for a Bugatti Veyron :pray:
[/quote]

:lol:

Hmmm, I never did think much of those '60s/'70s Vauxhalls, even when I was buying my first car (back in the '70s) I wouldn't have one - I thought they were ugly then, and they already had a terrible reputation for rust apart from anything else. But if I could swap it for a Bugatti, I'd get a "real" one - designed by Ettore Bugatti's son Jean in 1935 - the Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic. Take a look at these  :eek:mg::

Bugatti_Type_57SC_Atlantique.jpg

BugattiAtlantique_front.jpg

Bugatti_Type_57SC_Atlantic-cockpit.jpg

BugattiAtlantique_engine.jpg

Now those are Bugattis!  :thumbsup:

"Things got really serious when he added some stickers..."

PMSL :lol: So it is true.... stickers can give you that extra BHP after all :D

[quote author=Paulo link=topic=4105.msg42947#msg42947 date=1193388596]

[/quote]
If you buy HKS and Blitz stickers in Halfords and stick them on your car door, it automatically persuades your ECU into thinking you have installed these companies products into your car and thus "tricks" the ecu into re-adjusting performance accordingly :p Did you not realise this??! lol

[quote author=Paulo link=topic=4105.msg42947#msg42947 date=1193388596]

[/quote]

Hmmm, so I wonder which ones contribute the most to achieving that 2,200 bhp...  :ponder:

:lol:

you really have to take your hat of to the guy, dedication to his car is an understatement, he has to strip and check part of the engine after each use , must take up a lot of his time,not everyones cup of tea to look at but would sure love to take it for a spin myself

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4105.msg42972#msg42972 date=1193402038]
@ Greenwagon

the first pic looks like a retro batmobile :lol:
[/quote]

@Norris,

Ye gobshite!  ;)  That's only 'cos it's black!  :doh:

Does this metallic blue one look like "a retro batmobile" too?   :roll:

Bugatti_Type_57SC_Atlantic.jpg

Actually these Bugatti Atlantics have been described as "the first supercars ever made", and the black one belongs not to Bruce Wayne (Batman) but to another American millionaire, Ralph Lauren - who you might also have heard of?  ;) You'd want to be something of the sort to own one though; the metallic blue car has recently been lovingly restored to its original specification (as when it was first built for Lord Philippe de Rothschild of London, then one of the world's richest men as well as an enthusiastic amateur racer, in 1936) and it's now been valued at an incredible $10million!  :shock:

The influence of that stylish streamlinining can be seen in both pre- and post-war performance cars, including the Jaguar XK120 that preceeded the E-type:

JaguarXK120_1951.jpg

And more recently in the Chrysler Atlantic concept car:

ChryslerAtlantic.jpg

[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4105.msg43116#msg43116 date=1193478515]
all batmobiles to me lad :D
[/quote]

Some people!   :roll:

Well they didn't look anything like that "when I were a lad"  :nana::

batmobile.jpg

[quote author=greenwagon link=topic=4105.msg43133#msg43133 date=1193490678]
[quote author=Norris! link=topic=4105.msg43116#msg43116 date=1193478515]
all batmobiles to me lad :D
[/quote]

Some people! :roll:

Well they didn't look anything like that "when I were a lad" :nana::

batmobile.jpg

[/quote]

Jesus Greenwagon you must be really old, I mean this is what the Batmobile looked like when I was a wee lad :D

2zrghnl.jpg

[quote author=Twinnie link=topic=4105.msg43514#msg43514 date=1193710121]Jesus Greenwagon you must be really old, I mean this is what the Batmobile looked like when I was a wee lad :D[/quote]

Old enough to have some good memories, but not old enough to have any sense...  :nana:

But if I was "really old", the batmobile would have looked like this:

Batmobile-Detective_No_30Aug1939.jpg

The first Batmobile, from Detective No. 30, Aug. 1939.

Back