Window Scratchs

pugtk

Sunday Drivers
The front windows in my type r have have faint scratches from the window reg.

I priced a glass repair place and its ?100 per window to remove them.

What are type r windows making these days? might be just cheaper to replace both the front windows or do must windows suffer with the same scratchs?

Type r glass forget about it. Full doors make 700-1000 depending on condition so 100 quid is cheap in that term . but it does sound like a lot But unsure of what?s involved

I think it?s a common issue - my Forester is scratched also and any breakers I?ve seen are the same. Compared to locating windows in good nick having the scratches removed at that price is probably ok. I?d definitely address the rgulators first though or you?ll just be back to square one again

I?d say it?s the guides are gone that window passes up through my own could do with a change on drivers side Importcarparts do them I think still

There are fabric brush guides either side of the glass that get full of dirt and cause the scratching they can be removed and washed and will be as good as new
4219a043bcfe561de0c965e5d60a0b5b.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

It's the same on my type r....another job on the list

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Have you had luck with that , my windows are bad aswell

Yep, just takes time due to it being glass. I've a new rotary I need to get a set of Rayons and a bottle of ceriglass for so I can do the front screen on the A8 before I move it on.

Back