Whiteline versus CDF Racing

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Just wondering if anyone has come across a technical comparison between the 2, I can't seem to find much comparing them either structurally or performance wise.

What did you find poorly finished?

Have you compared performance of anti roll bars? Any difference given same thickness bar?

The pain in the arse with whiteline is that it will be rusted within a couple of months :wall:

White line arb both rusted within 6months
Have cdf drop links fitted and still look fresh after 4k

I believe they both made from same material,so down to taste and price

nothing in particular rob, i got cdf links for instance, all the odd wrong bolts & missing washers,

I delt with cdf directly and can honestly say will never again, was a disaster!

i have my whitelines on now a few months and not a bit of rust on them, CDF dont do legacy parts so cant comment there, Whiteline have been around for years, CDF have only popped up in the last few years i believe so cant comment on their quality etc

Haven't actually compared prices yet, must do tomorrow. Probably need to redo the whiteline gear within 12 months but I was more concerned with performance characteristics. Whether they're heat treated in the same way, etc...

Dave, where did you hear it's the same material?

CDF 24mm arb: £175

Whiteline 24mm arb: £150

That's me sold anyway, ha ha.

[quote author=KENC link=topic=41656.msg477215#msg477215 date=1399683190]
Just buy whiteline.. End of story
[/quote]

Decision made but out of interest, why do you say that? Have you seen comparisons?

I've just heard too much bull sh*t about CDF stuff over the last while...
They are more expensive than whiteline lol...that's mad considering at best they are a copy, CDF wouldn't have done any R&D on suspension parts so they are a remake of some one else's.

I don't know what to say about the finish on whiteline stuff.. I've seen some rusty and some not and age has nothing to do with it... I say stick it on, maybe put some chain wax on it and see how it lasts... If it does start to rust get it powder coated then.

Yes, that's probably the way I should have asked it in the first post, i.e. Have they done any r&d or performance testing, etc.

Obviously not, think I'd rather go for the performance proven option, regardless whether I need to powdercoat them in the future :thumbsup:

Im not sure what bolts and washers whiteline supply now.. They didn't look great last time I seen them. So perhaps if you were to get stainless steel ones it might help to stop rust developing at the bolt holes.. Just an idea.
But I wouldn't worry about it, 20euro would probably have it powder coated if needs be.

Pick up a tin of chain wax and spray it on it, Halfords might have it... Motorbike shop will defo have it

The older Whiteline bars were painted and did tend to rust. Anything supplied in the last 18 months or so from Whiteline would be powder coated and hence much more durable.
Whiteline supply the bars to CDF.

Thanks Andy, thats great to know, I'll go Whiteline all around and seeing as they have switched to powder coating, hopefully they finish will last long term :thumbsup:

Back