wheel refurb cork....

JOHNNY T

ISDC Club Member
anyone know of somewhere to get a set of wheels refurbed in cork and roughly how much it will cost?
cheers :thumbsup:

There is a place down in one of the industrial estates in the Marina. They do shot blasting and powder coating.

Also found this taken from another forum. Can't vouch him personally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're passing through Cork at any stage, I can recommend Leo Whelan 100%....he's based in Douglas but also offers a mobile refurb service. He does nearly all of the work for the main BMW dealers down here in Munster. He's done some work for me too in the past and I can wholeheartedly say his work is spot-on! His prices are really good too in comparison to some of the opposition. Give him a shout on 021-4363232 or 086-4086923 to see if he can help you out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I kerbed one of my 18" wheels lately and had the refurb carried out by a guy called Leo Whelan based here in Cork. The repair work was spot on and I was charged only €25.00 for the work carried out. My repair job may well have been less serious than yours but I'd certainly recommend that you try out Leo next time around before shelling out like that again.

Johnny... Barelle in Dublin will sodablast, chemically treat and powdercoat the wheels for 240-280. If you can get someone to deliver them up here it would work out a lot cheaper... And a lot more durable than wet painting them.

just looking for a cheap fix really ,
bought a second hand set of 19,s for the merc and just want to get um cleaned up a bit......
might give that whelan fella a shout cheers lads :thumbsup:

Back