Wheel nuts

DaveSleggy

So after a MASSIVE sh*tstorm with tyres im finally sorted, but the guy putting the wheels back on tells me just as im pulling away that he couldnt get one of the nuts back on the car, its just spinning away.

Hopefully its the threads on the nut that are shagged, and not the car, but theyre all in bits anyway so where would i find a nicely priced new set.

18" black rotas on my black bug.

Would expect that's him with the air gun after overtightening or rethreading it. Luckily, even the bolts that go in the back of the hub are only about €7 from Subaru if it is that thats gone.

I've a set of standard steel nuts there, in alright nick. You can have them for a tenner when you collect the other stuff. Might tide you over, or again I think Subaru sell the nuts individually for about €4. Expensive for a set but nothing really if you're only buying 1.

Sound lads, yeah rob il try get out to you tomorrow, gonna head out to get some booster from ciaran in walkinstown this evening so wont get out today.

Those type of nuts are lovely new but after a while they get damaged if you remove wheels a bit.
My old set even rusted cause of it.

I just stuck with the silver ones that came with my Rotas. Didn't want the colour stripping off over time.

Have a set of them there very good have had them off a good few times and very happy with them and there way ahead of the internal drive ones which rusted after a couple of times on and off :thumbsup:

Back