Whats the standard gap on NGK PFR7B

That's what Aonghus said to me when I asked him what he wanted done before I got to him and that was his reason. I'm not gonna question what he says seen as he's the only real lad in the country to map an Impreza properly. The op asked was there much difference between .7 and .65 gap as he didn't think it was much which it isn't, but another member on here even explained in their own blog that's what Aonghus wanted when he brought his car to him also, But instead of lads sayin "yeah mate it's **** all difference but clearly Aonghus has his reasons and a sh*t load of experience behind him" they all flame on the reason that I stated he gave me. But if all the keyboard warriors on here that wank each other off over each other's cars think they know more than him that's fair enough but ye I wouldn't be questioning the lad who arguably knows more than anyone else on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm on the fence on this one.

I can't see how.. 5mm can make much of a difference but I'm no mapper or mechanic but

I remember a few years ago robby, aka scoobyke got his impreza mapped by Andy forest and after a few weeks it wouldnt hold boost, at 1.3 bar. Andy recommend dropping the gap from. 7 to. 6 and it sorted the issue.

I'm sure thats what happened but maybe robby can confirm?

There's clearly logic behind it, there's no logic in lads rearin up over an answer they don't agree with

There's clearly logic behind it, there's no logic in lads rearin up over an answer they don't agree with

When you posted that boost blows out spark, I responded that it must be some boost.. I didn't say it doesn't blow out spark, but I haven't reached that point with that plug as of yet.... I said this based on the fact I have ran these plugs up to 2Bar without issue... and for that i can only presume you ment that I am a key board warrior and apart of some clique in your mind... so don't talk about logic.

You obviously have a lot of time for Aonghus, belief in his abilities and experience.. as I stated I don't know the man.. but what I will say is, that if he is as good as you and others say now, imagine what he will be like when he maps as many as Andy F, Bob Rawle, Paul Blamire , Pat Hebron .. these guys have mapped thousands of Subarus, I have had cars mapped by each of them... at many different specs and I have never been told or asked to re gap the standard 7b plugs and I have never had any issue as a result of it. I started messing with tuning and mapping around 13yrs ago and that's my experience.. not something I read somwhere.

Last edited:
When you posted that boost blows out spark, I responded that it must be some boost.... I said this based on the fact I have ran these plugs up to 2Bar without issue... for that i can only presume you ment that I am a key board warrior and apart of some clique in your mind... so don't talk about logic.

You obviously have a lot of time for Aonghus, belief in his abilities and experience.. as I stated I don't know the man.. but what I will say is, that if he is as good as you and others say now, imagine what he will be like when he maps as many as Andy F, Bob Rawle, Paul Blamire , Pat Hebron .. these guys have mapped thousands of Subarus, I have had cars mapped by each of them... at many different specs and I have never been told or asked to re gap the standard 7b plugs and I have never had any issue as a result of it. I started messing with tuning and mapping around 13yrs ago and that's my experience.. not something I read somwhere.

Just because you never came across it in your many years of experience doesn't mean there wasn't a reason behind it, there's already mention of other mappers having a similar problem. I don't have any affiliation to Aonghus but it's clear he's the mapper of choice for the vast majority of lads on here and had been recommended every time there's mention of someone needing to get cars mapped so I don't know why lads would come on and dispute someone who's made a business from being informed and having a proven track record.

The whole idea of a forum is to spread knowledge and information and this is the reason most reputable tuners or mappers don't bother there arse coming on forums just to be challenged. It does nothin only create an environment where people are afraid to ask questions at the risk of sounding stupid or gettin roasted by some lad who thinks he knows it all

Just because you never came across it in your many years of experience doesn't mean there wasn't a reason behind it, there's already mention of other mappers having a similar problem. I don't have any affiliation to Aonghus but it's clear he's the mapper of choice for the vast majority of lads on here and had been recommended every time there's mention of someone needing to get cars mapped so I don't know why lads would come on and dispute someone who's made a business from being informed and having a proven track record.

The whole idea of a forum is to spread knowledge and information and this is the reason most reputable tuners or mappers don't bother there arse coming on forums just to be challenged. It does nothin only create an environment where people are afraid to ask questions at the risk of sounding stupid or gettin roasted by some lad who thinks he knows it all

Your actually at the stage now where you are making no sense.... you say above the whole idea of a forum is to spread knowledge and information???? That's all I and others have done here but yet you and you alone got on your high horse and twisted it and brought it off down a different route, and choose to go down the insults route.

Im finished with it now, OP you started nothing only asked a question.. Gap the plugs to the .65 and keep everyone happy it's a thing of nothing really.. just hope your feeler gauge isn't out by .005 and you hold it straight or we are ****ed

Last edited:
Your actually at the stage now where you are making no sense.... you say above the whole idea of a forum is to spread knowledge and information???? That's all I and others have done here but yet you and you alone got on your high horse and twisted it and brought it off down a different route, and choose to go down the insults route.

Im finished with it now, OP you started nothing only asked a question.. Gap the plugs to the .65 and keep everyone happy.

I actually don't get how it's not makin sense ye here it's all very straight forward there were no alternatives or explanations provided bar my own and all you've done is disputed it and tried to get your own experience across which was no benefit for the op seen as uv never had came across the problem.

What's a set of PFR7B these days? €70 - €80?

If that set was only fitted at time of mapping, I'd be trying to get a lend of a known working set of leads after checking the plugs first.

Only plus is if it's not plugs when you put in new ones, you'll have a new set in and a fairly fresh set to hang on to for next plug change.

If you're going with plugs, put them in on factory gap and see how you get on.

Back