Whats the craic with cryptos?

Eoinmack

Webmasters
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Been looking at these for a while now tbh..ever since the bitcoin train filled up lol
I remember spotting a few over the last few years, that were at white paper stage or something...and following them to keep note.. sometimes they work out....sometimes they don't.
Cardano being most memorable..and sickening lol
Spotted that at 2.5c a coin roughly...and eventually it hit $111. Don't know what it's at now but..seen a few that way

I see there's this one called Pi..mines from the phone, but still white paper at the moment. Friend of mine has been using it for years..
I downloaded it.. have mined 4 or 5 days in a row now. We'll see what happens

Does anyone here do the bit of mining or anything? I have looked a few exchanges over the years, coinbase and the likes...what's the one to go for? Site I mean....
Thread to open a bit of discussion only...I may or may not go any further about it 🤣

I've about a grand's worth of XRP waiting on the whole SEC thing to come to a close, few other bits but not really got a clue about it. It's like my BET 356 account LOL #noidea

I put €500 in crypto back in 2021. I'm down to €324 LOL
I bought some of that Cardano shite and now it's absolutely tanked. I also bought XRP but I'm down 6% on that too.
Dogecoin was another the "experts" where saying would be the new bitcoin but it too has absolutely fell through the floor and I'm down 48% on that one LOL

Long term I think ETFs are a better choice but as usual the government here absolutely fu*k you with tax. Any profits earned from ETFs are taxed at 41%!
I've got shares in Vanguard S&P 500 ETF, JP Morgan, Amazon, Apple, PepsiCo, Alphabet, Nvidia, Charles Schwab, Realty Income, Bank of America, Eldorado Gold and iShares Automation & Robotics ETF. Combined I'm up 10% since November.

Long long term max out your pension with AVCs.

Apple and Tesla took an 8% dive about 2 weeks ago. Would've been an OK time to buy in if you had a few spare euros. Haven't checked what it's at now. Friend of mine has a portfolio in nVidia, Apple, Vertex, Merck, Eli Lilly, American Water Works, Gilead, Enphase, Infineon and Tesla. He threw a bit more behind it when things tanked in Covid and overall he's up 22% taking the Apple and Tesla drop into account.

And what's the story with wallets and exchange sites etc... do you still need a room full of computers lol
Sorry, as said, I've been checking values and stuff of different coins, stocks etc but still a noob with it all lol

Way to risky for me if I’m honest 🙈 I prefer rare parts to put my money in but a few friends have a good few quid invested and overall there down money .
Very few making the gains they were ment to make so very hard ti know what the next big thing is

Time in the market is better than timing the market.

Stick a few quid on something and forget about it. Unless you are a day trader (who nearly always lose money) you're in it for the long term.

Yeah thats the thing...it is risky of course..but wouldn't mind a small few quid. Just to track and see how I go with it.
Tried poker for a while..proper spreadsheet made up to monitor how I was getting on etc. Think it was €12 down over the course of 6 months or so. But thats years ago now, and was small games, 2 quid buy ins or something. Few tourney wins etc.
Wouldn't mind something like that, just small vested interest. I won't be quitting the day job lol

Back