What would you get your car remapped to?

First of all, I'd like to state that i dont want to start any rows but i do think this is a good discussion/debate and should be allowed to continue.

Dave, does your car run better and have better gains since the map to E5 only instead of 95+lucas? From what you've said i assume yes?

Damo, you stopped mapping B4's after dave's because there were either too many problems or they were just too much hassle. Now you are back mapping them again and as you have said you had good results with dave's car running E5 alone. So where do you stand on mapping B4's on 95+lucas now? Do you still refuse to map them on 95+lucas? I am slightly confused, because surely if you are mapping them again, then its because something has changed and they are easier to map now, and the only thing thats changed is that E5 is available, then does that not mean that E5 is the better fuel to use? Is your only problem with E5 that you dont think its consistent enough or that its actually a bad fuel?

Now bare with me cause i may not explain this right and/or may be completely wrong. I personally noticed a big difference running E5 after resetting my ECU straight away. But, if for example on an unmapped B4 you use 95+booster which as you say is equivalent to 97 ron, then the ECU will retard itself 3 degrees compared to what its set for. So if originally set on jap fuel of 101 or 102 then the ECU will retard itself to run 98 or 99 ron? So best case scenario you are running 1 or 2 ron down. If you then switch to E5, even without resetting the ECU, then surely because the ECU is still set for 98 or 99 then it is possible that you notice an immediate difference?

[quote author=BlackLegacy link=topic=7000.msg81847#msg81847 date=1209642474]
First of all, I'd like to state that i dont want to start any rows but i do think this is a good discussion/debate and should be allowed to continue.

Dave, does your car run better and have better gains since the map to E5 only instead of 95+lucas? From what you've said i assume yes?

Damo, you stopped mapping B4's after dave's because there were either too many problems or they were just too much hassle. Now you are back mapping them again and as you have said you had good results with dave's car running E5 alone. So where do you stand on mapping B4's on 95+lucas now? Do you still refuse to map them on 95+lucas? I am slightly confused, because surely if you are mapping them again, then its because something has changed and they are easier to map now, and the only thing thats changed is that E5 is available, then does that not mean that E5 is the better fuel to use? Is your only problem with E5 that you dont think its consistent enough or that its actually a bad fuel?
[/quote]

No nothing has changed really, we still map b4's for 95 + booster or E5 only or E5 Plus booster and even 95 alone and the results are the same really, but we tell the customer BEFORE he pays any money that the better the fuel the better the result and what COULD happen if using 95 only or if his car happens to have more DET then normal, then where just adding fuel to quench it. Out of over 130 subarus mapped maybe 1 or 2 didetn take as well as they should have had to mapping. It also cost €1150 for an Ecutek but because we reduced it to €860 its worth that even to get it safe on 95 ron even without gains. Most are happy to take the chance and nearly all of them thought the car was better after, as Dagnut did among others and was happy with the outcome.

IIRC Dagnuts car was mapped around the same time as 3 other b4's, one of these had major DET which we havent seen as bad in any of the other b4's we did since so that seems to have been just an unlucky one off car. But there was more DET on all the b4's compared to most impreza's. One of the other cars couldent be mapped due to it not having the correct pipework for boost control. Others had all sorts of issues that ment we couldent even start to map them, so after coming accross alot of them with problems including ones that had nothing to do with DET or mapping but ment the car couldent be mapped which in turn was taking up / wasting mapping spaces we stoped them for a few months to clear the back log of Imprezas. Although I still dont think they take to Ecutek like an Impreza if I owned one id still have it mapped to be safe and get the gains that are available. And everyone I spoke to about it didetn mind as long as its safe.

Regards E5 being bad fuel Im not sure, its bad if it isent consistant which of course its not ideal, but maybe it is a consistant 96 ron who knows, My point was / is that E5 is NOT the claimed 99.2 or the 102ron it was claimed to be with booster. On Dagnuts car it proved to be as good as 95 plus booster and on another Impreza we done it worked well in fairness but in most cases for some reason 95 plus booster is better. So far the list of big name mappers is growing who dont think E5 is 99.2 ron or at least it cant take that kind of timing.

Damo

@DAGNUT

Fairplay and in fairness quite neautral..................... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Another karma your way.........

@DAMO..........

Very sad attempt of side tracking i must say........... :roll: :roll:
1. SP has NOT mapped more B4's then STi TUNING. We have another 6 this weekend.
2. Pat Herbourne has NOT mapped more B4's then Bob Rawle by a long shot, (lets keep the truth exactly that, THE TRUTH)
2. SP has NEVER mapped 03+ Legacy GT's and do not use nor can they fit PFR7B''s as you recommended to a member here as they are long reach plugs. :thumbsup: (thought i'd help you out there with some info :thumbsup: if you need to know anything else about some model of subarus i'm just a pm away ;) ;)) (BTW hope i'm not gonna see a 20 questions for davelegacy when i log on tomorrow :thumbsup:)
3. Bit tired of most of your posts here directed in a patetic attempt at me last couple days.
Think is very visable to most.
4.You stopped mapping B4's for 95 but now your saying you can no problen even though nothing has changed? You only started again when E5 came out! You seem to move the goal posts to suit the thread/situation........ :doh: As you don't endorse E5 then surely you won't map B4's again now no? :dunno:
5.On top of your attempts above you keep coming back to NF and E5's combined RON rating! Yet you now claim yourself that 95 + half bottle of Lucas is Vpower level so are saying half bottle of lucas gives a 4 ron increase? or 4.5RON as 95 is also inconsistant to some degree so may only be 94.5 RON sometimes. That seems a bit too un-believable..... :lol: :shock: :shock:
And further on TOP of all that you are now throwing figures around that E5 is 96RON. :roll:
6.And great one liners in there, regards backlogs of imprezs. you couldn't even fill march slot.......... :roll: :roll:

BTW i hate getting into these rows on here with you but it always seems to be me having to defend myself after a patetic attempt of a put down by yourself........ bit a glass of maturity may sort you out to prevent further instances like these......... :thumbsup:

( I posted my reply in your post by mistake sorry )

Ok im not getting into a 3 day slaging match so ive edited my post and leaving it there. Not worth the hassle and falling out even more, if thats possible ;)

One thing though, the march mapping was due to Pat not being available and me being away most of April, other times dident suit me as my day job is changing and taking up more time then ever which makes it alot more arkward for me.

Damo

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=7000.msg81785#msg81785 date=1209601253]
I'd go with E5+ 1/3 NF (As the other B4 lads said, B4's couldn't be mapped before E5 came along!) And to be fair I think Daveleggy was the first person to map a B4 in ireland using E5+NF with great results!
Dan

[/quote]

Jaysus lads! talk about bullshit Dagnut, read the post there again!
Am I wrong but was Daveleggy not the first person to map B4's using E5+NF as stated above???
I'm not stirring things up between the lads either, I (unlike yourself) try to be carefull not to cause offence!
Yeh Karma to you! :ponder:

@ renno! as above regarding mapping B4's! Being friendly with dave has nothing to do with my comments but
In fairness for a good while B4 owners were being told that they couldn't be mapped and when E5 became available dave was very quick to endorse E5 and started taking bookings from B4 happy owners again!
You's are both sound lad's and put alot of effort into making the club what it is! I really do appreciate that! :clap:

Dan

I'll just make one last point................

@damo you only started advertising that you were remapping B4's again after the STi TUNING type R headed to uk on week of release of E5 to ireland which from memory was Oct 07 and i put up a thread about it.. So STi TUNING was i believe the first to map any car with E5 in Ireland.

@dagnut You mention mapping of your B4 in june 07. This was for 95+booster. The E5 map didn't come til Nov 07 if memory serves me correctly??

@ Dagnut!
I got a bit carried away there!
Sorry about that! :thumbsup:
Dan

Just back from getting my car remapped today by Bob Rawle , got it mapped to E5 only. Happy with how it went. Thanks to Bob and Dave for sorting it for me. once passed NCT, im thinking Walbro fuel pump, de-cat downpipe and centre section and 3 port boost solenoid, hopefully! :headbanger:

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=7000.msg82402#msg82402 date=1209845935]
your right Dave it was for 95+booster and then I got remapped for E5.

[/quote]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=7000.msg82282#msg82282 date=1209778451]
I'll just make one last point................

@damo you only started advertising that you were remapping B4's again after the STi TUNING type R headed to uk on week of release of E5 to ireland which from memory was Oct 07 and i put up a thread about it.. So STi TUNING was i believe the first to map any car with E5 in Ireland.

@dagnut You mention mapping of your B4 in june 07. This was for 95+booster. The E5 map didn't come til Nov 07 if memory serves me correctly??
[/quote]

Just spotted this here, Yes you where the first to map a car for E5 here I reckon.

Damo

Back