What Tyres and where

JayDublin

Committe Members
Staff member
ISDC Club Member
Getting 4 new tyres on the Legacy this week (215 45 18). Car had some sh*t spurious ones on from Japan so not sure what option to go with. Old Leggy had Eagle F1 and were great but looking for opinions on other options. Also, tyre prices seem to vary a good bit between places so looking for recommendations on places for fitting too. Oponeo.ie seem to be best value but then I've to factor in fitting/balancing so not sure if there's savings to be had. Half considering just getting 2nd hand wheels with decent tyres as well as there seems to be good deals that pop up from time to time too

Any help appreciated 👍

Phoenix Tyres, Jone's Rd Drumcondra have always been great for me.

Buying tyres online can be cheaper but when you inevitably go someone to get them fitted I always had the "did you buy them here" question followed by a bit of a moan.

can't beat the eagle f1's, on my 2nd set of them and I don't think I'd go for anything else
Gone off goodyear tyres because of cracking between the threads . Even tyres that are 2 years old seem to crack very badly.
Maybe they have it sorted with the new f1 super sport do will see

I always get my tyres from oponeo, Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 6 215/45R17, was what i ordered last. I always also get them fitted in Airport Tyres Ltd. They charge 15 euro a corner to fit plus a couple euro for disposal of the old ones if you want. Always works out much cheaper than ordering direct and they never have a problem with fitting them. Also drive a legacy.

Think I'll go with the F1. Tyreland quoted 700 quid fitted and balanced. Once you order 2 or more they do mobile fitting. I think its extra for Keith Duffy to sing to you while he fits them but I didn't enquire 🤣

Hankooks are great. Have them on herself VRS and got up to 30k miles off them last time round.

Back