what turbo to go for

Re: what turbo to go for

not well up on them they seem to be getting good reviews all around but not too bad at 800 lids

an SC32 is only a hybrid td04

SC36 is TD05 16g

With heads and engine but with charge cooler restriction a SC36 or SC38 (td05 18g) be perfect imo

want to keep it standard dave so charge cooler staying was just worrried that it might be slow to spool but should be ok . is there anything as good out there for smaller money that you know of dave :dontknow:

In my opinion Joe you need to fit the smallest turbo possible that is capable of about 10% over the power you want to run if that makes sense, that way you will lovely midrange power and early spool you won't be revving the car high so why fit a turbo that only works in mid to high rev range,

its a td05 16g dec so should be spooling early with no lag on a 2.1 no :dontknow: what would you go with dec

I think if you are happy with 300ish bhp... Stick with a standard Subaru turbo.. Even a vf28 would do that power... You could go for a newage turbo...
OR
do a twinscroll conversion and use a twinscroll turbo... Hint hint :)

[quote author=KENC link=topic=39545.msg487840#msg487840 date=1409258315]
I think if you are happy with 300ish bhp... Stick with a standard Subaru turbo.. Even a vf28 would do that power... You could go for a newage turbo...
OR
do a twinscroll conversion and use a twinscroll turbo... Hint hint :)
[/quote]

i think hes still side entry Ken

Ah that's right he is using the charge cooler ain't he... Have to be odd joe

[quote author=KENC link=topic=39545.msg487860#msg487860 date=1409265600]
[/quote]

had a front mount but gave it away ken :multijump: :multijump: if i need to change the charge cooler set up i will but i think its good for 300 time will tell

Looks very right though joe & Was at prodrive before Ari's Leggie got one

Good enough for that car

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39545.msg487865#msg487865 date=1409267231]
[quote author=KENC link=topic=39545.msg487860#msg487860 date=1409265600]
[/quote]

had a front mount but gave it away ken :multijump: :multijump: if i need to change the charge cooler set up i will but i think its good for 300 time will tell
[/quote]

Depends on inlet temps etc. Thats the concern. 300-320bhp on factory chargecooler should be fine.

I think stay with that system for factory look

You can upgrade pump and cooler core to larger items for better piece of mind

Could be a nice touch if you adapted a standard vf28 or newage turbo to fit :) even a nicer different from the norm if you did a twinscroll turbo conversion with it adapted to fit... Might give you the early spool you crave :) if you are sticking with the charge cooler then a bigger turbo should in theory make the same power with less boost/heat so be a bit safer

You could chop the elbow of a top entry and get it welded on to the vf?

Sc36 it is . Dont think the twin scroll would be worth thd hassle . Maybe change a few things when its up snd running when i know how it goes :thumbsup: thanks for all the replys lads :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobysub link=topic=39545.msg487914#msg487914 date=1409332285]
Sc36 it is . Dont think the twin scroll would be worth thd hassle . Maybe change a few things when its up snd running when i know how it goes :thumbsup: thanks for all the replys lads :thumbsup:
[/quote]

or send of current factory side entry TD05 16g to likes of turbo dynamics for a hybrid?

Parts seem to be thin on the ground at the moment over there for some reason . But will probley get it refurbed anyway . :thumbsup:

Back