what sort of car/van should i get?

nicknack

Petrolheads
Im going to get a small carvan for myself but which one is the best one to get? Am spending 20 quid on petrol a day as it is now for work, and i only started a new job there monday, but it cant continue, so gonna get a small van so i can move equipment, tools or whatever. diesel of course.

So which one would ye go for?

Kangoo NO NO NO............. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
Peugeot partner are decent enough, caddy not to bad, merc vito not to bad.......... but take it from someone who works on kangoos nearly every day of the week, dont touch one :1poke:

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=9493.msg112712#msg112712 date=1221165208]
Kangoo NO NO NO............. :new_2gunsfiring_v1:
Peugeot partner are decent enough, caddy not to bad, merc vito not to bad.......... but take it from someone who works on kangoos nearly every day of the week, dont touch one :1poke:
[/quote]

There you go. I take it back.

Citroen Berlingo also a decent van basically it's a partner with a different front grill............also stay clear of Nissan kubistar as it's a kangoo in disguise

ok, all these are good to know.

I didnt realise the kangoo's were that bad tho.

keep posting tho cause the advice is good lads cheers

Peugeot patner van....best little run around,no need to worry bout it getting bumped etc etc... :thumbsup:

i got a 2002 1.9 diesel citroen berlingo about ago 2 months and i'm nearly after forgetting where the petrol station is getting about 420 miles for €65 and if i slowed down abit i reckon i'd get more and its all short journeys too only live 2 miles from work and the citroens are usually cheaper than the peugeots for some reason

[quote author=rob mehigan link=topic=9493.msg112739#msg112739 date=1221168495]
i got a 2002 1.9 diesel citroen berlingo about ago 2 months and i'm nearly after forgetting where the petrol station is getting about 420 miles for €65 and if i slowed down abit i reckon i'd get more and its all short journeys too only live 2 miles from work and the citroens are usually cheaper than the peugeots for some reason
[/quote]

same as that.. I bought a hdi berlingo there a few weeks ago gettin 47mpg.. getting over 500 miles to tank.. its some differ when your used to see the sti's fuel guage dropping like there is a hole in the tank

Cannn' go rong wih a hi ace boss :wink:

I know there a bit big so I would say a caddy or corrolla van

VW Golf carvan 1.9 TDi - comfy, good engine, can be chipped as well - serious poke in them when done right...
Lots of moding available on them - bodykits etc... Was behind one coming back from Kerry a few weeks ago...
he overtook about 4 cars at ago - savage quick when needed - and diesel...

I’m with markobucko on this one....I was in a similar situation to urself Nicknack and I bought a corolla car/van (the 2.0D one not the 1.9).

There was 40,000 miles on the clock when I bought it and I now have over 150,000 on it and she’s flyin. The only thing to go on it was drop links (front and back) about 10 -20 euro each, but apart from that just the usual servicing tyres etc.

It all depends what you want from the van, I knew I’d be doing big miles and not carrying too much stuff. I wanted something comfy and also reliable so I paid a little more for the corolla (they tend to fetch a premium) and I don’t regret it for a minute. My only criticism is the fuel consumption wouldn’t be as good as the newer-age diesels (still good though bout 350 to 400 miles for a fill) and shes down on poke, hence the Scooby for the weekend. :subaru:

I’ve had a VW caddy also and you can’t beat that type of van for space, although the caddy was very stiff when empty (leaf springs in back of older types).
Anyway hope some of that helps!

Doug.

Back