What Should I Do ????

Niallyboy

Petrolheads
Lads as im sure most are aware my pride & joy is sitting in a Garage
crashed .................

The question is what do i do ???????

Im just back from my solicitor which thankfully was all positive but he raised a very good
point it will more than likely be the middle of next year before i get a hearing at the circuit court
and i cant exactly leave the car sitting idle for all that time.

So do i get a loan for the €7,350 repair bill and repair it ,with the hope of a Successful outcome
in the courts

or Do i scrap it and take what ever salvage i get €4,000 maybe :dontknow:

What kills me about the loan (besides saving for a house at the mo) is i already have a Car Loan that im still
paying for and if i take out the €7,350 my loans will be higher than the value of the car :icon_eyes: :icon_eyes:

Any suggestions welcome :thumbsup:

Niall.

is there any structural damage or is it all cosmetic, reason i ask is if its cosmetic, ie just panels ye could do it over time and im sure some of the members would lend a hand where posible.

I wouldn't scrap it Niall if it's fixable.

She need a respray because of all the stone chip but other then that she was mint.

Where you planing keeping her before the crash or where you going to move up the years. You could always fix it and sell it on. Then buy another one.

If you don't want to go that route offer it out for €4000 to some one that wants a track car and let them get in fixed then get a loan for a car that you think will be worth the money to you.

How would you end up though if the car wasn't fixed by you when it came to pay out on his side?

It is a tough one alright.

I agree with northdublin. I dont think you should get another loan. Fix it up over time. Panels are cheap to come by and members will more than happy to help out too.

If you have fully comp claim against your self,it will probably be an economic write off so they give you the value of a replacement.Screw the cnut in court then.

That was my one Major fu*k up i had thrid party..
................It was always double for fukll comp as a young fella
and as the years went by and it got cheaper and cheaper i never done anything about it :wall: :wall:

Niall.

Thats a hard one nial, to be honest if theres 7.3k damage i cant really c a point fixing it especially with todays market prices on scoobys. Think ur pretty boned till its all sorted.

If ur 100% sure ur gonna be the winner in this in the end, write off the car, buy it back at x price, salvage what u can, sell. Get loan plus what u got from salvage get bug/blob pay back loan with the settlement next year.

Niall give me a ring tomorrow, I've two very good friends that are panel beaters and they could give you a second opinion as that price seems Very steep :shock2:
Cheers
John

This is all expenses, This should all be paid back to you when it is settled,
In the mean time look in to getting a bank loan with payments that could be defered for a year, even at a very high rate on interest, there must be a product out there that does that!
In the mean time you get out as much as you need to cover every bill incured (including your insurance hike) by the accident and let his insurance pick up the bill when they pay!
A car I was driving (my then mechanics car) 5 years ago was T boned by a merc who broke a red light, Car was writen off (no wheels or windows left) and the front was gone off the merc, I was doing about 60kph on a wet road and when he hit my drivers front door, it sent my car sideways through a traffic light and pedestrian gaurd rails, I was in bits, Unconcious, woke up on the foot path, surronded by people , Some of whom saw the whole thing and said the merc defo broke the red light, so defo not my fault, The gaurd proceeded to prosacute the merc driver for dangerous driving, I ring his insurance for some help, as I was just newly self employed and was out of work for nearly a month with torn mussels and constant physio! They said that they would settle untill there client had actually been convicted, I had to pay the mechanic for his car I wrote off, I had my own living bills to pay and no way of prooving loss of earnings, When it actually came to the merc man getting convicted, I again rang his insurance, Form then on it was like haggeling with a nacker to buy a car, I delt with them myself as I didn't want to involve a solicitor ( I didn't approve of claim culture) so thought to be fair I'd just deal myself! :doh:
I've spent twice the settlement in physio bills in the 5 years since the crash, (still in physio every 3 weeks) and I really regret not letting a solicitor ride them, because they were so unhelpful and unfair!
I hope this might help you, I don't know how relavent it is, But I wouldn't like to be back in your shoes at the moment! I would also say, If you were injured, try anticipate if it will affect you later on in life and make sure you take that into concideration!
Best of luck naillyboy
Dan

Tough one Niall.
It all depends on how confident of the win you are.

Win and get the car bang on dead straight and perfect condition, and all paid for.
Loose and end up paying 2 loans for a long time on a car you wont want to look at.

Back