What did you do to your car today?

7am Colm dont be still asleep like last year at least this time you can be as pissed as you like :icon_lol:

Cheers joe see you then :thumbsup:

:icon_pidu:
see ya then :thumbsup:[quote author=scoobyturbo link=topic=30408.msg411232#msg411232 date=1349996700]
7am Colm dont be still asleep like last year at least this time you can be as pissed as you like :icon_lol:

Cheers joe see you then :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Got the braking fluid changed to RBF 660

Did the track/fast road 4 wheels alignment with +0.08 on every wheel.

Just came back from preloading the newly fitted BC coilovers. Gonna be learning to drive it with all new setup tomorrow :D

[quote author=scoobyturbo link=topic=30408.msg411387#msg411387 date=1350124837]
Made sure it started after yesterday :icon_lol:
[/quote]

Good point :thumbsup: Im going to check mine later :icon_grin:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=30408.msg411242#msg411242 date=1350002579]
Got the braking fluid changed to RBF 660

Did the track/fast road 4 wheels alignment with +0.08 on every wheel.

Just came back from preloading the newly fitted BC coilovers. Gonna be learning to drive it with all new setup tomorrow :D what do u think of the bc`s also who done your 4 wheel alignment?
[/quote]

I think they're brilliant.
I've had experience with many coilovers and most of them were too hard making them tough for every day driving.

I took the standard 5kg/4kg springs rate and with up to 5 clicks of hardness adjustment they are as soft as standard sti suspension..
The only thing is that they made a positive camber on the rear wheels, even if the car is lowered, so its a good idea to invest in camber bolt set and fit in the rear.

Great build quality, great value for money and aftersale service from Apex (bc distributor as well) - after I found out one of my springs on front strut has different amount of coils, even if they said it shouldn't make much difference, they still sent me a coil free of charge, so I could have them equal.

I have the tracking done in FAST FIT in Cork.
Deanrock Business Park, Togher, Cork.

[quote author=Codders link=topic=30408.msg411403#msg411403 date=1350133613]
I think they're brilliant.
I've had experience with many coilovers and most of them were too hard making them tough for every day driving.

I took the standard 5kg/4kg springs rate and with up to 5 clicks of hardness adjustment they are as soft as standard sti suspension..
The only thing is that they made a positive camber on the rear wheels, even if the car is lowered, so its a good idea to invest in camber bolt set and fit in the rear.

Great build quality, great value for money and aftersale service from Apex (bc distributor as well) - after I found out one of my springs on front strut has different amount of coils, even if they said it shouldn't make much difference, they still sent me a coil free of charge, so I could have them equal.

I have the tracking done in FAST FIT in Cork.
Deanrock Business Park, Togher, Cork.
[/quote]

Same setup on my wagon man , I was watching yours on track seemed to be handling really well. As regards the rear when I was getting my alignment done Ali burrows elongated the top holes on the strut to get the negative camber rather than me spending €175 on the bc adjustable rear top mounts or camber bolts.

I have a rear Whiteline Antirollbar but only 20mm thick.. It's adjustable so I chose the hardest setting (some say it makes it like a 22mm one on a softest setting)
Still on the standard front antirollbar but with whiteline droplinks all around.

I have the front 22mm adjustable whiteline sitting at home, I didn't fit it because I wanted a bit tighter back rather than the front to prevent understeering. Now I'm a bit sorry I hadn't fitted it, as it would have made the car more stable. And less roll on the front would be great I think..

Will be fitting anti lift kit and replacing rear arb to 24mm so next year it's gonna be mint :D

Your wagon was very fast on bends yesterday as well :thumbsup:

[quote author=Codders link=topic=30408.msg411452#msg411452 date=1350151316]
I have a rear Whiteline Antirollbar but only 20mm thick.. It's adjustable so I chose the hardest setting (some say it makes it like a 22mm one on a softest setting)
Still on the standard front antirollbar but with whiteline droplinks all around.

I have the front 22mm adjustable whiteline sitting at home, I didn't fit it because I wanted a bit tighter back rather than the front to prevent understeering. Now I'm a bit sorry I hadn't fitted it, as it would have made the car more stable. And less roll on the front would be great I think..

Will be fitting anti lift kit and replacing rear arb to 24mm so next year it's gonna be mint :D

Your wagon was very fast on bends yesterday as well :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yeah lads rave about the rear arb's. I have not addressed anything like that on mine yet. Ideally I need the roll center kit as the car is quite low and has some bump steer, anti lift kit and maybe a different rear arb.

Thanks,I was very happy with the Michelin pilot sport 3's wet and dry grip was great

more camber on the rear
IMG_8490.jpg

[quote author=goosie208 link=topic=30408.msg411495#msg411495 date=1350206880]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

how many degrees?

and hows your tire wear :shock2:
[/quote]

Looks like too much to me

[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=30408.msg411531#msg411531 date=1350229596]
As above bit much for road car
Some crack testing it out :653:
[/quote]

still more to go, sure there only tyres, its not hard to get more lol

[quote author=5door bullet link=topic=30408.msg411578#msg411578 date=1350288055]
[quote author=keith dublin link=topic=30408.msg411531#msg411531 date=1350229596]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would ya bother though , ruining tires for looks and ruining the handling of the car :ponder2:

Hella flush .............Hella Fcuk Off

[quote author=BazGF8 link=topic=30408.msg411591#msg411591 date=1350304207]
[quote author=5door bullet link=topic=30408.msg411578#msg411578 date=1350288055]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Why would ya bother though , ruining tires for looks and ruining the handling of the car :ponder2:

Hella flush .............Hella Fcuk Off
[/quote] :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: :icon_biggrin: just had a laugh out loud moment and everyone in the library looked at me, you bastid baz :angry1: :icon_grin:

fitted new wiper blades . its surprising how happy new wiper blads can make you feel as you watch them swoosh for the first time .

note to self : must get out more !

@ baz , lol with yer "hella fu*k off"

Back