What did you do to your car today?

Lads set up a trade policy between yez. Dead handy just as long as everyone has a full licence and the main policy holder is over 30 there's no hassle! Ring Wexford insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guns are out, registered letters being sent. Taking my case to the ombusdsman. How do I get a trade policy? I work in the trade but I'm under 25.

Guns are out, registered letters being sent. Taking my case to the ombusdsman. How do I get a trade policy? I work in the trade but I'm under 25.

Just ring and ask a broker who do trade insurance.
Be expecting to pay 4/5k first time round and because of your age.
Also they may not quote you if you are not a mechanic.

Ring Wexford insurance they deal solely in trade policies, get few of your mates together preferably one over 30 and get him to put it in their name with all of the rest of yez on it! Our family trade policy on it has five lads on it, 2 under 25 and one on a provisional for 3k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight blue on here paid 6+ first time round @24 years old.
Maybe Dublin is worse but be warned!
Hope you get sorted either way.

Hope you get sorted, when i insured the first impreza and that was just a 1.5 it was 3.2k on a L license. I now have 2 years No claims and full license a while and +30 as well, paying 1078. got quoted 1672 on a STI Impreza, ask a bit into it with a good friend that works for an insurance company and was told the impreza fall into category 50 which means you can only insure NA if you are under 30. and its the general car categorization all insurance companies follow.

when that is said. I have to admit I do find it a bit strange you didnt research this before getting the car, as it is one of the hardest cars to insure. thats said I do of cause hope you get sorted,

as I suggested earlier why dont you buy a 200€ banger and put the scooby in your mums name and drive with open drive while you build up no claims on the banger. not like you have to drive just park it up somewhere and NCT it?

I called my company who said it would be fine to swap insurance over. Found the car, deposit down, bought it and they said sorry, we can't provide cover. "Our worker didn't check with Liberty first before saying yes to you".

If it has to sit in my drive, it will. I'm never selling it. The car came with fresh NCT. I've worked it out but not my fault they gave me the go ahead in the first place. Anyway this is not the thread to be crying about it.

What did you do to your car today?

Last edited:
that is good man, listen if they said that ask for the transscript as all calls are recorded by law and go via the ombudsman.

and dude you have the right to be pissed off its a joke!

Eanna a mate of mine was in bother with an insurance broker recently when they said something and then tried going back on it,as has been said above ring and tell them you've been onto the ombudsman and formally request a copy of the phone call either in print form or audio as you law they are required and tell them if they refuse you will take it further
Insurance in this country is a disgrace and if they can walk all over they will

Reason for using the 2 bucket method

Trying out this Polish for the stormtrooper

Attachments

• 20161216_115655.jpg
    20161216_115655.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 52
  • Screenshot_20161216-133641.png
    Screenshot_20161216-133641.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
any of that poor boys stuff for i fantastic.

2 coats of jetseal 109 over that and you'll not know yourself when it comes to washing it after :thumbsup:

love to see this in the flesh . and hear the 5 pot at full chat :wazzup:

Back