What did you do to your car today?

This an honest review tommy or the green eyed monster :dontknow:was it a bad car as I have drove a few evos and was always impressed . Seats were always a good bit tighter than subarus which I liked . Power depends on the car I guess but thy were never that slow . Always had a soft spot for an Evo . Will have 1 some day

This an honest review tommy or the green eyed monster :dontknow:was it a bad car as I have drove a few evos and was always impressed . Seats were always a good bit tighter than subarus which I liked . Power depends on the car I guess but thy were never that slow . Always had a soft spot for an Evo . Will have 1 some day

Dibs on the 204 when you switch!

Had a 7 before. Great car if it was just for weekend lunacy. As a daily driver tho I wasn't that happy with it. Sti is a better all rounder imo.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I would say I'm been honest Joe.

visually a very impressive car and very well minded and looked after car . it drove nice but wasn't as good as the impreza considering the 2 cars would have been very simular in that they are both irish cars with simular output performance wise on paper . the way the impreza gets down the road has a bit more excitement about it or something . maybe a jdm evo is a vastly different car but given the choice of the 2 I know which I prefer:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Good to know :thumbsup: you'll always have more in yours as the torque in the 2.5 is great good to hear differant views :thumbsup:

I would say I'm been honest Joe.

visually a very impressive car and very well minded and looked after car . it drove nice but wasn't as good as the impreza considering the 2 cars would have been very simular in that they are both irish cars with simular output performance wise on paper . the way the impreza gets down the road has a bit more excitement about it or something . maybe a jdm evo is a vastly different car but given the choice of the 2 I know which I prefer:thumbsup:

Go for a fast spin on a back road and the evo will destroy impresza for handling Tommy, my brother had evo 9, weapon to handle and go, but for everyday use sti impreza any day and he owned them back to back

Ps, I prefer Scooby obviously

Last edited:
Very few head to head videos on YouTube that the Subaru beats the evo they all say it's a drivers car but nearly all pick the Impreza over it as a good all round car
I also prefer the Subaru always have. But maybe some day I'd like an evo.

Go for a fast spin on a back road and the evo will destroy impresza for handling Tommy, my brother had evo 9, weapon to handle and go, but for everyday use sti impreza any day and he owned them back to back

Ps, I prefer Scooby obviously

That's the thing , I had a "good" spin on roads I know and I wouldn't have had the confidence to push her as hard as the scooby , turn in didn't feel as sharp , back end felt a little less planted just not what I expected at all considering how much hype there is about the evo .

even locally to myself the evo was far more common and lads would have been on to me that evo is quicker n all than my yoke. granted there was alot of mods done to them with bigger power than standard but I didn't feel the standard evo was a superior car to the scooby in any way .

That's the thing , I had a "good" spin on roads I know and I wouldn't have had the confidence to push her as hard as the scooby , turn in didn't feel as sharp , back end felt a little less planted just not what I expected at all considering how much hype there is about the evo .

even locally to myself the evo was far more common and lads would have been on to me that evo is quicker n all than my yoke. granted there was alot of mods done to them with bigger power than standard but I didn't feel the standard evo was a superior car to the scooby in any way .

Fair enough Tommy each to their own , but in fairness your scooby is far from standard and a gem.of a car, I never thought I'd be defending evos ???? but the ayc set up on d evos is savage and you can push it a lot more before losing it compared to standard scooby, that was my experience anyway, would I buy one as daily, no , that's why I bought my old blob eye STI as a daily, ????

I always felt that the evo's drive themselves they handle better and they seem to be easier to extract power from but there's no real crack in them but you can slide an Impreza and the interiors are way better! And evo 9 is a different animal altogether and there's a reason they still make serious money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

think u hit the nail on the head there . it wasn't any crack . Was just a fast saloon car . Anyone could get in and drive it a bit stupid and get away with it

Tracking done after getting new track rod ends last week and all the whileline links and bushes fitted.
6b60cde1e48752ad8aecad8aa3b5e68b.jpg
8ba27c01d819d6641f242ad4103fca43.jpg
688f4f282422b84ea4ac871c7433510c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nice bit of kit Adrian, looks very well , acn you actually feel any differance with the whiteline stuff?

Back