What did you do to your car today?

Done some work on my centre console installing my carpc screen and testing the lighting, all seems ok for now, it all needs to come out again when i fit the actual pc...

4092f3d33020824378b5d4e4c625ec02.jpg
ed0b00d41fa6f7a648369d257c601e29.jpg

I've managed to get friday off so i'm going to try tackle the pc test and install then and then on the weekend i will be doing some paint touch up, i managed to get my hands on some Graphite black pearl (18 L) in a rattlecan along with the necessary ancillaries such as primer lacquer and sanding accessories... I just hope the Almighty agrees to give me a good sunny day...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

very nice [emoji106]
what setups going in ?
For now an old Raspberry Pi i had lying around, depends if i can get it working properly. I'm having an issue with the calibration of my screen when the Kodi based frontend opens up so trying to get that sorted... Failing that i'll most likely just run it from Raspbian then...
Failing that, i have 2 other platforms i can use to run in my car, only problem is that the screen i bought was only shipped with Raspbian drivers and loses touch function in windows [emoji19] so... In this case i have another touch screen thats 10" that does work, but doesn't fit in my dash [emoji20]

image.jpeg

No Subaru on my drive anymore but said I'd post a pic of this. Gave it a good scrub today, didn't come up too bad.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 97
Always wanted a fast Renault, how is it for reliability? Their gettin cheap now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mate has had a 182 for 4 years now. Loves it, not the quickest but sounds awesome and handles real well. Also quite pretty for a hot hatch IMO.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

image.jpg

original wheels
R103 5-Star Blaster Design Light Alloy Wheel
Silver, White
6.5J x 16
195/55 R16 Performance run-flat tire
Model Years 2007-2011
Optional on the MINI Cooper, MINI Cooper Convertible, MINI Cooper Clubman

& new wheels

R110 5-Star Pace Spoke Design Alloy WheelSilver
7J x 17
205/45 R17 Performance run-flat tire
Model Years 2008-2010
Optional on the MINI Cooper S Clubman

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Fitted new wheels on the Mini (spec above)
old wheels for sale if anyone wants
and put 215 tyres on , Thanks MarkoKavo for 2 of the tyres used much appreciated :thumbsup:
so fairly wide compared to 195 that where on it when the R103 Blaster 16" wheels went on (wich where fitted bye Lewis Motors when last sold bye them)
much smoother without the nasty run flats :ralf:

Also Fitted my GTT strut brace

remapped now there and a huge difference
from 90bhp to 130bhp and now 170 n.m. from 140 n.m. Torque
over run pops and bangs mapped on too
just need to fit my exhaust and cone filter and should be popping and banging all the time
great fun to drive now
same map as this one put on but without the exhaust and filter fitted it ain't popping and banging as loud
great car to map as have identical engine as cooper just detuned via maps so remaps make a massive difference
quoted power figures are just for remap alone without filter and exhaust so might squeeze even a few more
I am doing a long drive tomorrow so see how it performs on long range
Get clear indicators for sides next week
after that OMP front lower brace wich I believe is the best bang for buck handling upgrade you can do on these

https://youtu.be/sVWUZgHV1aU

https://youtu.be/nw-jdLyJdkw

same car also same map

https://youtu.be/mJizADWf4VM

currently sounds like that at moment with standard exhaust​

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 97
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 99
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    861.1 KB · Views: 97
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
Best mate "Had" a Williams for years

There a real beauty imo just perfect????

be4b32118d1b74ed5568918b433e501a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Cheers lads it's a 172 yeah. It's a tidy enough yoke. The wheels set it off imo they're Williams wheels on it they were returned recently. I only have it on the road a week or so. The previous owner used to work with me and he never had any issues with it over the four years he had it. It has a few mods like BC coilovers, Whiteline anti roll bar it handles well and is quick enough. Aftermarket exhaust on it aswell sounds savage on full tilt.

Brilliant knew I reconised the rims there perfect on her????????

Well wear

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I know I'll be shot for this but I love Renault hot hatches , I had Renault 19 16 v back in d day, hatch bac k, black leather interior,138 bhp, loved it when it ran but always problem with alternator, my brother had Clio Williamsv also, absolute pocket rocket, he chipped his and induction kit, weapon to go and some noise from it, never had Renault 5 turbo but would love one in d collection

Fitted 17 inch Clubman Cooper S OEM option wheels on the mini
and 215 tyres so fairly wide compared to 195 16 Cooper Wheels that where on it
much smoother without the nasty run flats :ralf:

Fitted my GTT strut brace

remapped now there and a huge difference
from 90bhp to 130bhp and now 170 n.m. from 140 n.m. Torque
over run pops and bangs mapped on too
just need to fit my exhaust and cone filter and should be popping and banging all the time
great fun to drive now
same map as this one put on but without the exhaust and filter fitted it ain't popping and banging as loud
great car to map as have identical engine as cooper just detuned via maps so remaps make a massive difference
quoted power figures are just for remap alone without filter and exhaust so might squeeze even a few more
doing a long drive tomorrow so see how it performs on long range
Get clear indicators for sides next week

https://youtu.be/sVWUZgHV1aU

https://youtu.be/nw-jdLyJdkw

same car also same map

https://youtu.be/mJizADWf4VM

currently sounds like that at moment with standard exhaust​

Lol do I remember hearing I'm not going to go mad modding it just drive it lol
That didn't last long colm.

I know I'll be shot for this but I love Renault hot hatches , I had Renault 19 16 v back in d day, hatch bac k, black leather interior,138 bhp, loved it when it ran but always problem with alternator, my brother had Clio Williamsv also, absolute pocket rocket, he chipped his and induction kit, weapon to go and some noise from it, never had Renault 5 turbo but would love one in d collection

Have to say I'm loving the Clio so far, it's good fun being back in a NA car for the first time in a while. I'd love to drive a Williams at some stage they seem like a great car. I put a set of Michelin pilot sport 3's on the Clio they seem like a great tyre ????????

I did absolutely nothing today because it decided to rain... Again... Blast it!...Blast it to hell! ????????

Also yesterday lost touch functionality all together from my 7" touch screen lcd and tried everything to get it back but nothing worked ????????????

I'm now just losing the will and have lost all my f**ks to give. Its going in without touch and i'll just have to use a small form factor wireless touchpad and keyboard, i've also changed to one of my other pc platforms and will just be banging windows on it but i'll now need to find a frontend that i can easily set up for my needs... It's all rather disappointing but i'll look into it again after the show maybe cos i suspect i'll need to through a bit more money at it to get a new touch screen unless someone will want to swap a 10" touch with a scratch on the screen for a 7", the 10 works perfectly just doesn't fit in my dash... Any way just throwing it out there to see what bites ????.

Last edited:
Been meaning to post here for a while, done a few bits to the legacy lately, full service done about two weeks ago, upgraded speakers all around, radio ordered and sub and amp waiting to go into the boot, got new drop links and rear anti roll bar bushes, new pads all around, four new tires, new 6000k HID bulbs fitted today with yellow spots underneath, have black gloss carbon wrap to put on the rear lip spoiler, and also thinking on wrapping the bonnet vent, and a custom gauge mounting almost finished for three defi style gauges which I'll be getting from red power ???? be also getting induction kid and HKS SSQV fitted in the next few weeks, and maybe an exhaust, undecided as of yet lol

Back