What car should i get next?

LucasHarper8

What jdm type car should I get between 2006-2023? I like the old subarus but I dont think I can get insured on those so I'm looking for something similar and affordable 😅
Open to any suggestions!

Believe it or not, you just missed out on a wicked BE5 Legacy Blitzen there last week. Cracking car. You would insure a Legacy no problem, they tend to be under the radar for quotes and come in fairly alright, and are within your budget also. Nice BL5 would be nice, power and comfort.
Failing that, you'd be looking at a 2006-2008 WRX for your budget. I would quote them first just to see, but I had a WRX insured at 25 so...not bad.
After June 2008, its tax is the killer. €2,350 I believe...hard to digest 😬

I found out with kennco they would insure me on any car after 2006 and I always wanted a Subaru especially the WRX, I like the legacys but I especially like the Imprezas they are so well made shame I cant be insured on them and the road tax is high on some of them too

Nice JDM wagon for sale there on donedeal classic insurance im 37, cost me 380euro for year fully comp,of ya go to credit union,we all had make that trip at some stage bud😜:LOL:

I cant get classic insurance for another few years unfortunately it's looking like a legacy or a boxer, I'd kill to drive a blobeye or bugeye might have to wait a while though 🤣

Good Luck with whatever you do buy,12k will get you something clean and well serviced and looked after,at end day that's what you want especially if you haven't the money for doing repairs or upgrades which can end up very costly,just get a well looked after car to start with work your way up to your dream car then bud(y)plenty helpfull people on this too for advice etc

Did you consider something that could go under the insurance radar? Forester for instance

Some insurance company could think it’s only another jeep but they have serious potential for mods

No point in talking about Subarus if your young, which you seem to be by the sounds of it.. your best bet is to find a similar car to what you want on donedeal, use the reg and price the insurance… Jap will be more expensive than IRish… other than that we are talking pie in the sky stuff.. make sure you can actually get insurance before you start looking. And that’s not even asking the question can you afford to run and maintain the thing if your a student.

Foresters are good but I heard it's hard to get at the Injectors, There hasn't really been any cars that have that subaru compact sedan look, il keep looking though!

I was in your shoes long ago. I had to battle insurance just to drive a non turbo. Once they hear Subaru and Impreza, they see you as McRae in the road

I’m turning 30 next year and I would still find it hard to get insured on anything Jap, regardless of manufacturer

Great JDM Legacy for sale here

I was in your shoes long ago. I had to battle insurance just to drive a non turbo. Once they hear Subaru and Impreza, they see you as McRae in the road

I’m turning 30 next year and I would still find it hard to get insured on anything Jap, regardless of manufacturer
Christ I remember that eanna you had an awful dose with your insurance company that time, its probably at lot worse now coz the cars are alot older..

Speaking from experience and I think most would agree,once you get to mid 30s especially over 35,alot of thing's in life might start going south:ROFLMAO:but insurance on high performance/classic/vintage cars gets way easier. I had wagon insured as exactly what it says on the tin Sti Jap import for 380euro fully comp. But ya anything that end of the spectrum before you get to that age in life is hard get insured on especially Jap. I had a DC5 at 24 yrs age,not a notion would any insurance company touch me,only way around it was put it in oul fellas name and I was covered 3rd party on it on my own policy. It's not ideal though. I got some looks of the law when I got stopped in it one time and they looked up the reg and saw it was my oul lad's car:ROFLMAO:needless to say they didn't buy that for one second but that was the loophole

Back