Weird sound coming from rear right wheel

Zheiko

Octane Boostaholics
Hey guys,

I have attached video, not sure what that is, but the sound can be heard at 0:01, 0:07, 0:10 and then again at 0:12-0:14.

This his hearable mostly when I have gear engaged, so when I am going lets say 30 at 3rd gear, I can hear it with my window down. If I start accelerating, the exhaust sound goes over so I cannot hear it. The faster I go, the faster the sound is... If I disengage, it stops for a while, but then, less noticably, appears again.

Since this happens more while in gear, I dont think its brakes or anything like that... Maybe differential? Any ideas?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJegfHO__d0&feature=youtu.be

Edit: so I have also found out, that it doesnt happen on 1st gear, only on 2nd and onwards, and mostly with very light acceleration, just like you push very lightly the pedal to sloooowly either accelerate, or only maintain speed, when I push the pedal hard, it either disappears, or becomes unhearable because of the other car noise...

Please help here, it drives me nuts not knowing whats wrong

hmm... but that would be on uneven road, right? This sound comes on even on straight even and nice road... I dont really know how to describe it properly, but the faster I go, the faster the sound is, at about 40kmh its like fast ticking only... sounds more as on each rotation of the wheel... but then again, weird that I cannot hear it with Neutral engaged, only on 2nd gear and above...:(

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=42284.msg484448#msg484448 date=1405940218]
hmm... but that would be on uneven road, right? This sound comes on even on straight even and nice road... I dont really know how to describe it properly, but the faster I go, the faster the sound is, at about 40kmh its like fast ticking only... sounds more as on each rotation of the wheel... but then again, weird that I cannot hear it with Neutral engaged, only on 2nd gear and above...:(
[/quote]

It can still be a bush as the suspension is moving all the time even on a smooth road.

But the fact you said it gets faster as you drive but goes away when you put into neutral does not make sense, everything is still spinning , shafts , brake discs , wheels.

Would you mind maybe meeting some time this week, so I can get you on board and let you hear it on your very own ear? You might get an idea whats wrong with that more than I do...

Its sounds similar to a failing wheel bearing I had before , but usually gets worse with heat and starts screeching like its from the brakes

[quote author=Zheiko link=topic=42284.msg484450#msg484450 date=1405940911]
Would you mind maybe meeting some time this week, so I can get you on board and let you hear it on your very own ear? You might get an idea whats wrong with that more than I do...
[/quote]

Yeah no problem some evening and we'll try pin point it and you can go from there to get it fixed

Back