Water Trouble

Sheriff

Octane Boostaholics
Move this topic if this is in the wrong section. I have recently noticed that there is condensation and water in my boot. The car was checked by a mechanic so I can't understand why I have this problem. Here are some photos. Anyone got a clue? From what I can see the underbelly is solid but I'd need it on a lift to properly check it.

Damp firewall

BfAFvFC.jpg

Water on mat

z9XBCUg.jpg

Condensation on boot lid

RpIQqBw.jpg

Get some kitty litter double up 2 socks fill and tie ends that should dry out damp

Did you fit a different spoiler to that car mabay check that it sealed proplery?

Hi mate

It's very common for subarus that small amounts of water may be getting inside through the rear lamps. Remove the covers and see if they are sealed properly there. The water must be getting in somehow, then its evaporating and landing on inside of your rear bootlid.

The boot was never changed and seems to be aligned correctly. There seems to be rust underneath the seal. The previous owner did say that the car had been resprayed after somebody hit him in a carpark so maybe it wasn't fixed correctly. Looks like the seal was fixed with silicone.

d0R85ao.jpg

Could need a new seal or if it was a rear smack it may have caused allignment issues.. Also as mentioned rear light seals can be iffy.

Feck it. My rear lamp has condensation in too. Anything I can do to treat the rust problem in this area?

In addition to the lights and the rubber seal i also found a leak in where the jack is kept. See if there is water in there it was getting in where the two sheets of metal meet each other somehow!!

[quote author=Ger link=topic=44395.msg513088#msg513088 date=1428484056]
In addition to the lights and the rubber seal i also found a leak in where the jack is kept. See if there is water in there it was getting in where the two sheets of metal meet each other somehow!!
[/quote]

Water underneath spare tire and jack like you said too.

get somebody to run a hose over all areas
then you get in the boot with a torch to locate where it is coming from
that should do it :thumbsup:

Back