WANTED Subaru Impreza - 01-07

Zigster

looking for an automatic subaru impreza anything from 01-07 maybe a classic but it would have to be clean. with or without NCT but fail sheet required. no rust or engine problems.

Automatic required, and pref a 1.6 or 1.5L engine.

If it were me I would be looking for a 08 1.5 hatch . It's as modern as you can get. Classics are very very hard got in good condition now days . That would be my view .
Also a 08 hatch should be around the 3k Mark . Only thing I'm not sure about id the auto availability in the 1.5 hatch .

If it were me I would be looking for a 08 1.5 hatch . It's as modern as you can get. Classics are very very hard got in good condition now days . That would be my view .
Also a 08 hatch should be around the 3k Mark . Only thing I'm not sure about id the auto availability in the 1.5 hatch .

they are around, ideally i dont want a classic, bug or blob I would like and I am not to fuzzed about the body work etc as i want to do a new project anyway to keep me busy. hehe. I like the hatch and have seen them for sale in automatic for sale just dont come up often.

Hatch be nice
up the years too so you'd get a bit of time out of it
try buy as clean as you can :thumbsup:
will keep an eye out

If you learnt to drive manual you'd have a better choice of cars
be no bother to ya couple of days and you'd have the hang of it
ag least give it a try :dontknow:

Yeah cheap as chips. Now I know ow nothing on these so maybe some of the lads can shed a bit of light on value ect

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Is insurance on those really cheaper nowadays? He can call and ask how much would it be to insure that. As far as I know, engine size nor performance often isnt the decidint factor, as for NA impreza 2.0 I was asked more for insurance than for 2.0l twinturbo legacy. Id still try to call and ask for the quote before making decisions

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

guys :)

nothing to do with insurance, I commute 130km a day so its running cost.

I have knocked the Foz idea out of my head already, want a saloon impreza, I might be looking in UK as well cant be that much to VRT

guys :)

nothing to do with insurance, I commute 130km a day so its running cost.

I have knocked the Foz idea out of my head already, want a saloon impreza, I might be looking in UK as well cant be that much to VRT

What was your mileage on the 1.6 bug? I have heard they are actually less efficient on petrol than 2.0s as you need to revv them higher?

I had 2.0 NA Hawk - thats the newer DOHC engine with 160hp, and I was getting 8l/100km(35.3mpg) on highway and about 11-12(23.5mpg) in Dublin city, that averages it about 10l/100km(28.2mpg)

edit: funnily enough, my WRX has exactly same numbers

What was your mileage on the 1.6 bug? I have heard they are actually less efficient on petrol than 2.0s as you need to revv them higher?

I had 2.0 NA Hawk - thats the newer DOHC engine with 160hp, and I was getting 8l/100km(35.3mpg) on highway and about 11-12(23.5mpg) in Dublin city, that averages it about 10l/100km(28.2mpg)

edit: funnily enough, my WRX has exactly same numbers

hmm thats interresting i got about 480km on a full tank out of the wagon, 2L na maybe then, if I get a turbo i kill myself :p

1.6 newage and classic 2.0na are very similar mpg(not sure about newage 2.0na?)turbo classic and newage inc foz are far less economical, possibly 50% imo

Grow an extra leg to drive manual. It will allow you to control the car more. Automatics are in charge of driving where as you are very much connected and in control in a manual.

I would assume that he can or could drive a manual but has done and auto driving test and would need to resit a full driving test in a manual to be covered to drive a manual car?

Back