Wanted: Newage WRX Gearbox

Yeah think Ill give them a skip. Only reason I was looking is I have a friend working in Northampton 20mins from them that was going to collect the box and bring it home.
Have enquiry gone to JDM Distro and JDM Auctionwatch for one from Japan now.

Last edited:
So pending collection I've a box sorted with linkage, cradle and prop. Intention is to run a 6 speed clutch and flywheel so I am on the hunt for a starter if anybody comes across one?
Or even suggest a good aftermarket one?

Bosch there for handy enough money (even though the part number added in there, i see some are 8 teeth and some are 9 teeth so You would want to pick teh correct one obviously)

23300AA420 is the part number from what I can tell

Bosch there for handy enough money (even though the part number added in there, i see some are 8 teeth and some are 9 teeth so You would want to pick teh correct one obviously)

23300AA420 is the part number from what I can tell

Hi Colm thanks. Yes I have that part number too and seems to come up for both 5 speed and 6 speed. 6 speed has longer 'nose' on it as far as I can see.
Looked at Auto Doc but would be cautious buying as could be wrong one. That Bosch one is on an exchange too.
That Megazip one says 6MT and 5MT so who knows unless anybody can out one side by side and confirm?

Hi Colm thanks. Yes I have that part number too and seems to come up for both 5 speed and 6 speed. 6 speed has longer 'nose' on it as far as I can see.
Looked at Auto Doc but would be cautious buying as could be wrong one. That Bosch one is on an exchange too.
That Megazip one says 6MT and 5MT so who knows unless anybody can out one side by side and confirm?
@GORDON GT SERIES II would be able to confirm part number
Exchange and return makes sense at that price 😂
6 speed fits a 5th gear car but not the other way around due to the thicker flywheel the Googler says

Back