Wanted: Newage WRX Gearbox

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Hi all my GC8 RA rally car is running full running gear out of an 04 WRX wagon. Reckon there is an issue with the centre diff as its like a RWD intermittently. The front wheels seem slower to spin from a standing start then the rears.
Not sure if common problem or not but going to try another box in it.
Been on to Olly and he has one but don't know when I'll get up to him.
Anything around more local?
Will take matching diff if available.

Thanks.

Hi all my GC8 RA rally car is running full running gear out of an 04 WRX wagon. Reckon there is an issue with the centre diff as its like a RWD intermittently. The front wheels seem slower to spin from a standing start then the rears.
Not sure if common problem or not but going to try another box in it.
Been on to Olly and he has one but don't know when I'll get up to him.
Anything around more local?
Will take matching diff if available.

Thanks.
No gearbox here anymore but will be taking out the wrx diff to be replaced with an Sti one soon if you're in no hurry. Dublin based ๐Ÿ‘

Hi all does anybody have or know of anybody selling a 6 speed STi set up?
Box, prop, diff, shafts, hubs etc.
Tried Olly and he has nothing at the minute.

Hi all does anybody have or know of anybody selling a 6 speed STi set up?
Box, prop, diff, shafts, hubs etc.
Tried Olly and he has nothing at the minute.

There was a chap on here braking a forester sti non dccd box
not sure if he sold it might be worth a pm

Yeah sorry just said id bump this thread up instead of starting a new one!

Bump for this. Had more trouble with the 5 speed yesterday so 6 speed wanted!
Let me know if you see or hear of any thanks lads.
DCCD or non DCCD doesnt matter.
Also a R160 3.54 diff.

Highly recommend a 6 speed Dccd with a Map Dccd controler. For a rally car it'll give you a lot more options along with 3 axis sensors etc with changing grip levels. Some 6 speed am mate with a R160 diff in case you can't get an R180 one. Hoping you can get one locally but if not, MB Developments in the UK has a few for sale usually. Matt is the guy who owns it and I bought mine off them a while back. Highly recommended.

Matt Baker is a gentleman to deal with in fairness, everything packaged very well too
Won't charge you VAT either as not in the UK

Bump.
Have one potentially lined up in the UK but going to be expensive to get it home.
Matt Baker wont even send them to the north anymore due to increased paperwork he said.

No just Make sure itโ€™s not a fake page as load of people getting caught recently buying stuff ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Back