Wanted _ 99 - 01 shape Legacy B4 RSK

nolan

Sunday Drivers
Any lads out there who dont have their cars up for sale but would sell??

Im a picky fucker and havent seen any for sale that caught my eye.....

Looking for preferably a manual........may settle for automatic.

Bodywork must be clean.........also engine etc must be sound......not interested in a project.

Colours wise Black or Purple would be preferable. . . . .

I wasnt joking when I said I was picky as you can see :thumbsup: :hammerhead:

Car must have NCT also......

CASH WAITING............mail me with what ye have or post here.......whichever suits.

pay the automatics a bit more heed, they were never designed or supposed to be manuals, it was only an exec decision in the final hour to offer a manual, auto legacys are a great car but dont expect an Impreza type car, not even an manual will give you that

may be worth looking for one thats remaped as well

shame your a bit early, mine will be up for sale in September

http://www.autogoose.net/awesome-atic.html

Owned a Legacy for 2 years before ........was manual and I liked it. Have driven an automatic Legacy and I just find it boring......

Everyone to their own I suppose!!

Haha I sort of despise mine, it's not fast enough or reliable enough, want something that can take abuse an bounce off the limiter... sh*t... I think I need a Honda haha

Put all this money into it and its still not a RWD Nissan :ponder2: :roll:

All depends what you want from your cars really

Hope you find what you want man

Ya I got that itch when I had my last Legacy so sold up and bought a twincam :dance:

Miss my old leggy though.......hard to beat the power and comfort of one!!

BBBBBBUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPP

Any lads out there with good Legacys wanting to sell up??

Was thinkn of selling mine soon, its 01 blitzen red with rsk kit,auto/tip, get pics up later if. ur interested

[quote author=Goosie link=topic=38360.msg438780#msg438780 date=1372366518]
pay the automatics a bit more heed, they were never designed or supposed to be manuals, it was only an exec decision in the final hour to offer a manual, auto legacys are a great car but dont expect an Impreza type car, not even an manual will give you that

may be worth looking for one thats remaped as well

shame your a bit early, mine will be up for sale in September

http://www.autogoose.net/awesome-atic.html
[/quote]

Considering the manuals runs bigger turbos and a different center diff its hardly just an after thought to throw manual gearbox in there.
Manual is a much preferred option in my opinion, my mate bought an auto when I had manual and he hated it and he wasn't adverse to autos either he switched from an auto supra.
In fairness a well mapped auto is not far off, nick from CDA had a good auto but out of the box the manual is far better

The turbos are no bigger, infact they share the same secondary, VF 25 & 27 in an auto and VF 26 & 27 and obviously have a different centre diff being a totally different box

Autos have a rear bias too, so easy to get sideways :p 40/60 front/rear and also VTD in the box

Subaru put all the R&D into the auto, eliminating vod, sportshift developed by Prodrive (bet you didn't know that eh?) and then decided so they weren't the odd ones out to offer a manual just to be competitive in the market

Legacys were designed as comfy poky cruisers, not to be an Impreza

People like to bitch about the fact they are 20bhp down so therefor have smaller turbos weaker engines yadda yadda but its just a map restriction they put on to make gear change smoother, once mapped they pull the same figures as manuals that ate also mapped

I know of one that's running a dyno proven 340, mines estimated by delta dash at 330 and ill tell you it's a hell of a lot faster than a manual and I can beat him while drinking my Costa

Sorry I should clarify I mean a none mapped manual

Though I'm certain it's quicker than my mates mapped manual GTB

Don't get me wrong ill be the first one to slate my car, and often do lol but that's mainly because its a gen 3 legacy and not because its an auto, but the auto certainly offers an advantage, and if your in the market for a legacy your not in the market for a "performance" car so other peramiters come I to play like comfort, day to day town driving etc

[quote author=Goosie link=topic=38360.msg439033#msg439033 date=1372672546]
The turbos are no bigger, infact they share the same secondary, VF 25 & 27 in an auto and VF 26 & 27 and obviously have a different centre diff being a totally different box

Autos have a rear bias too, so easy to get sideways :p 40/60 front/rear and also VTD in the box

Subaru put all the R&D into the auto, eliminating vod, sportshift developed by Prodrive (bet you didn't know that eh?) and then decided so they weren't the odd ones out to offer a manual just to be competitive in the market

Legacys were designed as comfy poky cruisers, not to be an Impreza

People like to bitch about the fact they are 20bhp down so therefor have smaller turbos weaker engines yadda yadda but its just a map restriction they put on to make gear change smoother, once mapped they pull the same figures as manuals that ate also mapped

I know of one that's running a dyno proven 340, mines estimated by delta dash at 330 and ill tell you it's a hell of a lot faster than a manual and I can beat him while drinking my Costa

[/quote]

Manual Rev D runs a 33 primary and 32 secondary.

AFAIK it's not just a map restriction a turbo will only take so mush boost before it becomes inefficient and ineffective.

I did say a map would even things out but unless he knows for sure hes buying a sorted car like yours you have to compare standard with standard.
Your auto is probably better than 90% of manuals out there.

We discussed the figures before and I don't want to offend you or start another debate, but unless you had the engine out on a bench dyno i would never believe an auto Legacy made 340bhp @ the fly with no mods on standard turbos.

The rev d turbos From understanding seem a little less top end-y, are they not E-Tune turbos? More low down and spool speed but less top end, as oppose to rev A-C that are quite rev happy

Two rev D's I have seen that are mapped both struggled to pull high numbers BHP wise (low 300's) but had great low down grunt. I wonder if there could be a trend

The auto that pulled a dyno'd 340 wasn't standard, fully decatted 3" turbo back along with the associated fueling and breathing mods, and on V-power not E5

And I do think my car would pull less that the Delta Dash estimate, on a dyno, I'd say its prob 310-315 in real terms

Lads if ye really feel the need to debate over manual/automatic gearboxes could ye do so VIA private mail.

I've stated id prefer manual over auto..........its my own personal preference.

NOW.........back on topic.......any more nice Leggys out there for me :)

Thanks for reply. Looks like a great car.
But im looking for a blitzen with all the blitzen original gear, alloys,bumpers spoilers etc.

Best of luck with the sale!

Tried calling ya. No answer. Text sent.
I am planning to see a rsk auto in galway tomorrow so if you could get back to me asap that would be great.

Back