Want to start out on motorbikes.

JohnRA

Member Number 3801
As per title lads and any help welcome. I've a full car license. Do I have to re-do the theory for the bike provisional or can I just get it stamped in the local tax office? :ponder2:

You will have to do loads of hours training too at a nice price
Per session.
New rules came in for provisional bike liscences recently.

[quote author=Grahamo spec c link=topic=29822.msg345136#msg345136 date=1301424862]
You will have to do loads of hours training too at a nice price
Per session.
New rules came in for provisional bike liscences recently.
[/quote]

The brother in law said the same but he said he was able to just go down to the tax office and they stamped his full car license there and then with the >125cc. Then he did some rider safety course in dublin and got 40% knocked off his insurance. Did his test and passed 1st time 'round and is now lookin' at buying a 'busa!

wonder how that works?
i had a provisional bike liscence years ago,i was told i had to sit a theory exam and then do the training,providing i passed the exam.

must check that out so and get the full car liscence stamped.
try find out if you can,to see how he did it :thumbsup:

If you've not done a theory test recently, you'll have to do it when applying for your bike provisional. :geek:

TBH... don't do it... as much fun as they are.... they're f*cking death traps! Spent years on bikes... had 5 accidents... 4 of which weren't my fault... 1 that was, that nearly killed me... and now left with a bad back and a knackered right arm.

Stick to the cars Bonito! :thumbsup:

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=29822.msg345223#msg345223 date=1301471410]
If you've not done a theory test recently, you'll have to do it when applying for your bike provisional. :geek:

TBH... don't do it... as much fun as they are.... they're f*cking death traps! Spent years on bikes... had 5 accidents... 4 of which weren't my fault... 1 that was, that nearly killed me... and now left with a bad back and a knackered right arm.

Stick to the cars Bonito! :thumbsup: [/quote]

It'd only be temporary. I'm hoping to go to college come September and a bike is so much cheaper to run and I'm fed up doing taxi service all the feckin' time! :wall:

Back