VRT?

SubaruBugEye02

Hi guys I'm new to owning a subaru and I have a question regarding the vrt on a wrx impreza 02 bugeye. Do I have to pay import duty tax on the car if it was always driving around in Ireland from the previous owner who has it on UK plates as had an address in the UK. Just asking as I don't know much about vrt and all this lol

Hi guys I'm new to owning a subaru and I have a question regarding the vrt on a wrx impreza 02 bugeye. Do I have to pay import duty tax on the car if it was always driving around in Ireland from the previous owner who has it on UK plates as had an address in the UK. Just asking as I don't know much about vrt and all this lol
Loads of info online, just Google it or pick up the phone to a vrt office

Id imagine they will claim he owes penalties if its been in the country this long unless he has declared it to them. VRT & NOx on a UK WRX should be approx 1300 at a guess.
If you have a receipt to say you have just bought it along with evidence that's in been in before Jan 1st you should be able to avoid duty but the question of penalties may arise.
Would be better if its a NI address he has.

Back