VRT enquiry

tomo

Petrolheads
Would anyone know how much vrt for 02 bugeye sti would be as the revenue calculator shows 720 but it doesn't specify if it is a wrx or sti? Ringing revenue did't help.

yeah could be but I thought it had all gone up these days
you'd need to allow for worse case anyway id say
33% of o.m.s.p. so whats a Bug STi worth ?

illegal shady hidden payments on illegal shady practice that our gov gets heavily fined - still generates more money, so why stop doing it?

Based on my experience it?s a total lottery. As I?m sure you know need to pay whatever initial figure they pluck out of the air and then you can start the appeals process....

Took me around a year to close out with revenue, two appeals lodged. I?d guess most appeals are successful though and you can get a big chunk back if lucky

Why can they not put it back on the vrt calculator as it used to be, makes live easier. I rang revenue yesterday and was told I need to register a new account at revenue website to be able to email a vrt enquiry. Really helpfull :wall:

because if they put it back there and you see 5k before you buy the car, you wont import it - if you dont see it, and they will tell you that the VRT will be decided upon arrival of the car to the country, at that point, you have spent enough money that you will just be like 'fek it, I can just as well pay this to be done with it'

It makes sense what you have said. They won't catch me anyway as not gonna import before I know vrt price :hjtwofinger:

because if they put it back there and you see 5k before you buy the car, you wont import it - if you dont see it, and they will tell you that the VRT will be decided upon arrival of the car to the country, at that point, you have spent enough money that you will just be like 'fek it, I can just as well pay this to be done with it'
I dont know about that man, for years people were importing cars and putting them down as whatever especially with all the variations of impreza. So now revenue ring Subaru Ireland with your chassis number and get the exact model and charge accordingly, all I put on the vrt form was subaru impreza 4dr and they came back to me with sti. But I can guarantee that they won't quote you without a chassis number [emoji24]. It is ridiculous all the same I had a really bad experience. 4months to get the car from auction to Ireland and 3 months waiting on a price to get a plate on it, at which point I was over my 30 days so I had to pay it within 24hrs of getting the quote [emoji58]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What happens if you were expecting ?1500 VRT and they say on the day its gonna cost ?5000 and you dont actually have ?5000 to your name, what happens then?

Do they hold the car? Or are you left take the car away but they just keep mailing you with late penalties/fines?

What happens if you were expecting ?1500 VRT and they say on the day its gonna cost ?5000 and you dont actually have ?5000 to your name, what happens then?

Do they hold the car? Or are you left take the car away but they just keep mailing you with late penalties/fines?
Well if I didn't pay it it's a charge is 1% of value of the car... per day. Mine was valued at 10k so that's 100e a day. It's a load of pony.. although it will be interesting to hear back after the appeal I believe it's very successful. I literally emptied the bank account for it just before my holidays. Also it's important to pay before appealing as you will still charged fines... ie you could win the appeal but still have to pay fines.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Interest and penalties that?s the way they roll always has been always will be. I appealed before got money back be nice if you have to talk to them keep calling and ask for a fair deal it worked for me

they have you by the neck, by the balls and every other part that they can get a gripp on. 'public servants' the whole lot of them. only thinking of ways to milk the last penny out of the sheeple

So now revenue ring Subaru Ireland with your chassis number and get the exact model and charge accordingly, all I put on the vrt form was subaru impreza 4dr and they came back to me with sti.

Well, why not have exhaustive database of most already imported models and have the price of VRT displayed for people to see before they actually go to the office? Most of the cars used to be there, now they are not. Its a scam to begin with and even worse that there are hidden charges that you CANNOT check before importing the car. Hell, when you are buying and importing car, you will know the VIN number, so you could provide it to them before the car gets shipped for them to give you quote - but thats not an option

Back