Vrt cost

cwrx

Sunday Drivers
Hi all a friend of mine is thinking of importing a 00 turbo 2000 from the UK, does anyone know the cost of vrt as we have looked on the revenue website and it does not give a selection of models to pick from? Thank if anyone know ye willπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‰

Forget about it

A U.K. GT is not worth it, plus the chances of it being a rotten are extremely high, chances of it being rotten, and poorly repaired and covered over are even higher.

If you’re going to pay VRT on something bring in some sort of special model from Japan. At least it will be worth something

Forget about it

A U.K. GT is not worth it, plus the chances of it being a rotten are extremely high, chances of it being rotten, and poorly repaired and covered over are even higher.

If you’re going to pay VRT on something bring in some sort of special model from Japan. At least it will be worth something
It is guaranteed mint condition car. What would it cost do ya think to bring it in? For something like it on the vrt website its working out at about €2000?

Yeah, as said above, deffo not 2k.
Have 41% of OMSP for VRT
23% VAT
And NoX

And.....revenue determine the OMSP. So if they say the car is worth 15k or 20k, that's what they say. Shite, but that's how it is tbh

VRT of €2000 would be an omv of around €5000.. do you really think they will value the car at only €5000?????

They will value it as mint and over priced, so end up screwing you. It's a lottery but they're going nuts on Jap cars at the moment.

I don't know to be honest. The whole thing is a balls. I am only the middle man trying to find out to hopefully get another Subaru fan back into one on irish roads.
I'm trying to do the same myself with a friend of mine at the moment lol πŸ˜†
But, as said, it's shocking the VRT system. You can't get any estimation until you present the car for VRT, and even if they quote you 20k VRT, you have 30 days to pay it before you appeal, otherwise there will be a fine for every day it goes over 30 days.
Now, the quote won't be 20k 🀣 but it could easily be anywhere from 7 or 8k upwards on top of the car price. He'd want to be getting it dirt cheap to make it make sense financially tbh.
If he found a 1994 WRX that would be a much better route. Vintage VRT rate then

I'm trying to do the same myself with a friend of mine at the moment lol πŸ˜†
But, as said, it's shocking the VRT system. You can't get any estimation until you present the car for VRT, and even if they quote you 20k VRT, you have 30 days to pay it before you appeal, otherwise there will be a fine for every day it goes over 30 days.
Now, the quote won't be 20k 🀣 but it could easily be anywhere from 7 or 8k upwards on top of the car price. He'd want to be getting it dirt cheap to make it make sense financially tbh.
If he found a 1994 WRX that would be a much better route. Vintage VRT rate then
Thanks for that. Yeah it is a massive shame. I wonder who will get into one first πŸ€” πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Not really...like, you pay for what you get at the end of the day. There's no cheap way into them, either buy cheap, and spend money fixing, or buy it mint but pay more.
But don't pay big money for a lemon lol
But plenty around, just the price is high. Bargains come up now and then tho so stay pealed πŸ’ͺπŸ‘

The days of cheap Subarus are gone in Ireland to be honest. From here onwards, anything decent is going for a lot more money and the mint ones are rare and a lot more. Like Eoin said, you get what you pay for these days.
Also, the VRT is an utter ball of shite currently as they wiped out all the old valuations and the website has been updated. It still doesn't show a lot of car models as they make up he values as they go along. Typical!

Don't forget if he brings it in from UK as a UK registered car he's getting stung for vat and import duty and the vrt. A guy I know brought in a jap wrx last year 98 year car and got a quote of 12k for it. Be absolute madness to get in from UK as the good is gone out of it long ago

Thank everyone for such unhappy sad annoying news πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰. We will keep pushing on with something and WHEN he gets something ill let ye know.
Tis the reality I'm afraid, keep the eyes pealed as I said, some do pop up every now and then.
But have to be ready to pounce. Still need to have decent amount ready to go. There's lads looking 20k for WRX at the moment. That's mental. But they're not selling at that, they're still on DD after all. Patience and money lol
But, as @scoobysub said, very good value type r for sale there. That would be what I'd be going for with the cars available at the moment πŸ‘πŸ‘

Back