VRT asked for Spec sheet

Love that Turbo

ISDC Club Member
Was in with a friend today as he was VRTing his car (Classic Sti Type RA) and they said they couldn't do it as they don't know what it is. Could be a 1.5 he said at one point. The V5 only states that's it's an Impreza and nothing else. He said that he would need to get one from the main dealer stating what the model the car is. Must say he was as unhelpful as he could be....

Last edited:
Also asked about nox but I think these cars are in the highest bracket so that's not as important, if I'm right.

Any suggestions or guidance would be great

I had something similar a few weeks back when I brought a soarer for vrt.it was on v5 as a Toyota lexus instead of Toyota soarer.he was very helpful in vrt,he said he could send it off but it would just waste more time.

I went to a local Toyota garage and they printed off spec sheet and stamped it.

Very little on spec sheet but it stated it was a Toyota soarer.

Should be easy to get.

He also said it to me about emissions, but its the higher bracket. They won't have it on their system.

Best to go to a dealership that knows their stuff and get the car details from them like Jayo above. I've had to do it at work for some Vauxhall's that people have imported. The car and it's specs usually come up with the VIN. I work in an Opel dealership btw.

Good to know, will be doing the same for a fsti soon. Put of interest the vrt cost match that of the online vrt estimate?

Ahhh so I can get the spec sheet giving the dealership just the vin, excellent news. As didn't want to drive the Scooby all the way to Dublin for something like this (Don't want to waste my limited classic mileage any more than I have to, have put his car on my policy)
And I don't see the Classic listed on the VRT estimator anymore, they are such a scammy group these VRT people.

Thanks for all the replies and I'll ring a few dealers on Monday and see how I get on.

Last edited:
Any suggestions which dealer would be best, wonder if I could just call them and give them the vin and they could post the spec sheet out to me. I'd be happy to pay as I just get the money back from my mate and means I don't have to travel anywhere....

Any suggestions which dealer would be best, wonder if I could just call them and give them the vin and they could post the spec sheet out to me. I'd be happy to pay as I just get the money back from my mate and means I don't have to travel anywhere....
Carroll and Roche used to be fairly good to isdc when noel was there could try them we used to get 10% discount as a member

Spoke to Carroll and Roche and they wouldn't have it on their system as it's a JDM model. They suggested going to Subaru Ireland or Subaru UK. They checked and could see the car from the reg but had no details for it. Dam.....

Last edited:
Spoke to Carroll and Roche and they wouldn't have it on their system as it's a JDM model. They suggested going to Subaru Ireland or Subaru UK. They checked and could see the car from the reg but had no details for it. Dam.....
What about VIN?

They said the fact that's it's a JDM the Vin won't be on their system.
Was speaking to Dave RSR and he said that I just need to go back with a printout of the model number and get them to take a pic of the vin plate and they can send that on to the revenue as they would have that model number on their system. Then just a case of waiting for the call with the bill. We going back to the NCT/VRT on Wed evening and will update how I get on.

Was back up with the VRT guys and they noted the model number but wouldn't take a pic of the plate as he said "sure anyone could have put that on". He said he would send it off to the Revenue and now just waiting to hear from my friend to see what the Rev say. Once I hear something I'll let you know and thanks for all the help.

Talk about a process. you can get new VIN plates from dealerships (At least for newer cars) in order to pass NCT, just takes a while to come. Sounds like they're getting ready to lay down some random number.

If it was some sh*t box Insignia from the UK, they would have no problem with it. Anybody could put another VIN on any car if they really wanted to.

Yeah and I'm freaking out how much they are gonna look for. Hopefully I have it and will lodge an appeal... They are like dealing with the mob.

Pretty much down to picking random digits blindfolded
How they get away with this is a joke. Was speaking with someone who brought in a Merc earlier this year and was charged something over 6k and was well upset. He appealed it and they gave home 3k back. How can they just return nearly 50%. It's nutts

Back