Virtual PC Doctor is a fraudulent tech / IT support company

Aaron

Petrolheads
“Virtual PC Doctor is a fraudulent tech / IT support company”

There is scam going around where you get a phone call from “Virtaul PC
Doctor” telling you that you have problems with your PC when you do not.
Asking For bank details etc etc.

If they ring HANG UP!

Please your family and friends, people from my area have been hit already!

they are installing remote login software so nothing to stop them for loggin in when ever they want.

So please dont give them access or follow any of there instructions!

Plus you dont know what else they would do or install you know..

peace in mind too.

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26273.msg308566#msg308566 date=1283516764]
they are installing remote login software so nothing to stop them for loggin in when ever they want.

So please dont give them access or follow any of there instructions!

Plus you dont know what else they would do or install you know..

peace in mind too.
[/quote]

But why do something as drastic as format your hard drive?

depends on your system, if there nothing important on it easier to re-install 2hrs away ya go, save all the hrs of scanning and crap.

3 people got hit here, gave them all the choice and they all picked wipe so they dont have to worry about it.

Ok i took that part out.. its up to you and your local repair store to give you options :icon_biggrin: :thumbsup:

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26273.msg308572#msg308572 date=1283517217]
depends on your system, if there nothing important on it easier to re-install 2hrs away ya go, save all the hrs of scanning and crap.

3 people got hit here, gave them all the choice and they all picked wipe so they dont have to worry about it.

[/quote]

I could clean any virus quicker than you could rebuild windows, load all the software and restore their data. That's like telling someone they need an engine swap when they blow a head gasket.

its down to customer choice and whats makes them feel happy and safe. if you work in that line of business then you would understand that.

I just want to warn people too watch out for them.

[quote author=Aaron link=topic=26273.msg308577#msg308577 date=1283519178]
its down to customer choice and whats makes them feel happy and safe. if you work in that line of business then you would understand that.

I just want to warn people too watch out for them.

[/quote]

I do work in that line of business as it happens, you saying its down to customer choice is a bit of a cop out after you said " You need to bring your pc to me to have it wiped"( which you've since edited out of your original post).
Most people don't have knowledge when it comes to the OS or hardware so in 9 out of 10 cases what makes them feel happy or safe is expert advice, in this case you. IMO encouraging customers to format their drives is complete overkill. I'm not fishing for business just offering my opinion.

as i said it depends on your system and what they* did when they logged in.

yes i worded it wrong as i copied and pasted from another post to someone,

and i wasnt hiding it, as i said above " Ok i took that part out.. "

anyways, im not going into this any futher and this thread was just meant to warn people not turn it into a huge debit between you and i.

oh and yes i do know work in the business! and im not fishing for buiness either as im 2hr+ from anyone on this site! So no point :icon_biggrin:

Back