Version question

roakesti

Sunday Drivers
Well lads. Can someone tell me wat version front my car has. Reason I want to know is the grill won't click into the little holes for it. The bonnet is holding it in. Would I have the wrong version grill for my car. Hence why I want to know. Might be stupid question. Sorry. Sorry the pic is dark at bottom but I think you can see the grill sticking out

Could be right cos the bumper doesn't fit exactly. Is there a way to fit it better. So is there a way to fix this problem with the grill

Is your car v4 or v5

If its a v4 it has a v5 front bumper but right grill

If its a v5 it has wrong front grill

Ok. And how do I tell if it's v4/5. The grill doesn't fit so must be v5. Can I make it all fit right by getting a v5 grill then if it is a v5.

Chassic code will tell you what version it is

Or take a pic of the engine and we can tell you

Sorry I'm a bit of a layman. Wat would I be looking at on chassis code. I know it's a gc8. That's it

It's a version 4 with a v5/6 bumper same as mine but the clips for the grill are on the headlamps and slam panel so what the problem exactly?

Probably the clips for the slam panel are broken , solution was a couple of cable ties or a new grill

yeah the clips are on the headlights, but the grills clips are not in the right place to clip in. ill just have to cable tie them in so.

Positive the clips that are at either side of the grill don't line up with the ones on the headlight.

Maybe the lights are v5/6 and won't have the clips

Cable tie it is!

If you have v5/v6 crystal head lamps and you are trying to fit a v3 flat grill then that's your answer.. Go and pick up a v5/6 phase 2 grill

They are the crystal headlights. I'll get the v5/6 phase 2 grill. So would it be a 99/00 car I need the grill from.

Back