vat

Fags drink and petrol should go up aswell

Tax bands changing

Be better off on the dole soon

they said 1% in 2012 and another 1% in 2013.

well thats what was on the news on the radio.

guess we'll see soon.

its f'n stoopid......increasing VAT b4 xmas..........mass exodus to Newry me thinks, im sure they are rubbing their hands up north at the thought of it!

Its still a mighty pain in the ring but personally, I'd rather a hike here than in income tax. I'd rather pay an extra 2% on things i choose to buy rather than be forced to pay an extra 2% out of every euro i earn. Its not a huge amount when you put it into perspective, its only an extra €20 per €1,000 spent.

Hello Lads & Ladies,

A very embarrassing situation for the Government when Irish Taxpayers have been told after another EU Member state released the information :doh:

This increase will have a big effect on domestic/retail spend, which is where we are very weak :doh:

It will also impact on retailers who cannot afford to increase their prices to account for this increase in Vat :ponder:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32296.msg370363#msg370363 date=1321736268]
Its still a mighty pain in the ring but personally, I'd rather a hike here than in income tax. I'd rather pay an extra 2% on things i choose to buy rather than be forced to pay an extra 2% out of every euro i earn. Its not a huge amount when you put it into perspective, its only an extra €20 per €1,000 spent.
[/quote]

+1

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=32296.msg370363#msg370363 date=1321736268]
[/quote]

Yes but if the average industrial wage is 30,000 euro for example and you spend around 30,000 a year between mortgage,kids,wifey,car,fuel,food etc. That person is now paying an extra 600euro a year. That is one less weeks pay packet for someone to survive on. I don't know but i wouldn't like to get a whole weeks wages taken like that. :undecided: Especially seeing as you already have to earn over 1000euro to get 600 euro in your hand.

As you look at it, we'll be €600 worse off either way. But the point is if they add 2% to income tax, then you will be forced to pay that €600 per year regardless. Whereas with a 2% addition to vat, you can choose to adjust your spending on the non essentials so that you may only end up being say, €300 for example, worse off compared to the €600 if it was on income tax. Well thats the way i look at it anyway.

It is alright but what can you do. Thanks to the previous government, we are going to continue to be rode for years to come now that europe are calling the shots.

Its funny, Germany fought 2 world wars to try and take over europe and failed both times. Now they own us after lending us so much money, along with Portugal and Greece, Italy and Spain on the brink, they'll have the whole of europe under control by 2020, ha ha :lol:

happy to drive past dunnes,supervalue,tesco and whoever else to shop in sainsburys or asda!!!!
petrol is the only thing i buy down here anyhow... :hjtwofinger: :hjtwofinger:

[quote author=Celtic03 link=topic=32296.msg370494#msg370494 date=1321832903]
should have burned the bond holders :icon_hang:
[/quote] :thumbsup:

Back