V4 Type r conversion to V5/6- whats involved

garry2682

Sunday Drivers
Hi lads. Looking for a bit of advice. I'm gearing up to get my v4 Type r ready to go back on the road this year and part of this will be a full repaint.

As part of this I'm considering upgrading to v5/6 front & rear end. Is everything different from v4 to v5/6 to include lights, bumpers, grill & bonnet????

Will saloon parts Inc bumpers, lights etc fit the coupe?? Or am I looking at having to change the front panel to do this right?

Any help appreciated. I'm sure there are lads on here who have done this before.

Equally if lads have parts to do this conversion I'd be interested in hearing from yee.

Cheers

My advice is leave it standard . Cars are at an age now that everyone is looking for a standard cars and in my view it will wear it way better
As the first things lads wil say is it has the wrong bumper ,lights and spoiler .
But it’s your car so your allowed do what ever you want 👍👍 all parts will Swap over only work you will need to do is drill
4-6 more holes in the boot For the high rise spoiler over the low rise one .
curently doing Up a v4 typr r too but putting it back standard after someone tried to make it a v5/6 . So have a v5/6 front bumper There if your looking

I'm going to paint all the original parts at the same time so I'll always have the option of going back to standard.

What's the value of a front bumper and is yours complete with indicators?

Back