V Band Decat

toyscrota

4 doors are better than 2 doors
ISDC Club Member
Anybody know of somebody making up V Band kits for a cat in cat out for NCT?
Icetronix / Exhaust Worx aren't doing them anymore.
I don't think SDL Enhancements in the UK are active anymore.
Even any links to good Cats and V Band kits.

TIA.

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 12.29.13.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 12.29.19.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 12.29.23.jpgWhatsApp Image 2023-07-20 at 12.29.28.jpg

There is a guy local enough to me, no experience with him but recommended by a friend...can ask if you like?

Not sure Eoin but Im fair sick of asking seanie to take in and out the cat!

I had the same issue as Icetronix here weren't doing it anymore.

I ended up going to Nathan at Keltic Customs and he did an amanzing job to be fair. He is based in Offaly, a bit of a drive, but well worth the effort. If you go to my build page, there are pictures of the v band decat/catted section he did for my car. It was with a sports cat in the end as it was what would fit in the space. PM me if you need any further info.

I had the same issue as Icetronix here weren't doing it anymore.

I ended up going to Nathan at Keltic Customs and he did an amanzing job to be fair. He is based in Offaly, a bit of a drive, but well worth the effort. If you go to my build page, there are pictures of the v band decat/catted section he did for my car. It was with a sports cat in the end as it was what would fit in the space. PM me if you need any further info.
I wish I checked back here earlier! I have it booked in now with Vital Fabrication in Dublin! Offaly would have been closer!
PM sent to you anyway Hassen thanks.

Icetronix did mine if you check my thread, didnt know they stopped doing them.

Keltic Kustoms seems to be very good now

I did my own with the std gc8 cat
Cut my decat about 5 inches back from the turbo roughly where the original cat starts bought a fee 3 inch vband joints and weled one complete into the decat and the lower half of one to the neck of the cat
Now I have a full nct system and my nurspec 3 inch decat system one vband clamp and 4 rubbers and the whole lot swaps over
Best mod I ever did

Have you an original cat I've heard of lads cutting the oe cat and putting that on vbands ? I was chatting to a guy recently and he done it as he was having wicked trouble with his OPC astra just shy on 400 bhp and the guys who built it said you have to get a sports cat absolutely reddened and that seems to be the problem with lads thinking they're fooked. But at a guess you'll need a 400 cell, can the guy that doing the fab work for you not supply one

Have you an original cat I've heard of lads cutting the oe cat and putting that on vbands ? I was chatting to a guy recently and he done it as he was having wicked trouble with his OPC astra just shy on 400 bhp and the guys who built it said you have to get a sports cat absolutely reddened and that seems to be the problem with lads thinking they're fooked. But at a guess you'll need a 400 cell, can the guy that doing the fab work for you not supply one
Well Gordon yes I do have an OEM one which I'd rather keep in one piece as hard got now. He said he can fab that if I wish.
He has come back with a sports cat option which he says has used lots of times previously with no issues.
Was just asking to see had anybody bought any particular one recently and had any feedback on it.

Prob with them is they need a few heat cycles to work fully from new, and like me, most only fit them, go nct , and remove. Mines a 400cel and just managed to get through NCT.

Ideally youd want to fit the 400 cel, and do at least a couple hundred miles to break it in. Their supposed to work well then. Mine has at most 30 miles lol

So got this job done by Ryan at Vital Fabrication in Dublin. Ryan supplied everything, V bands, stainless pipe and the cat itself as i elected to keep my original downpipe in one piece.
Car passed the test on Friday so happy out. Would recommend Ryan to anybody looking for this type of work.

Ryan - 0858166562

Back