Used car from oz

keith dublin

Member Number 161Full ISDC Members 2015
Have a few mates living in oz
Old school legacys or liberty as they call them seem to be plentiful question is are used cars in oz expensive and would it be worth it trying to import one
I'd have someone on the ground over there to view and buy and arrange shipping
Has anyone ever imported from oz
Cheers
Keith

Would imaging it would cost a fortune in freight charges. Don't know if anyone has a groupage service from oz direct to Ireland

Unless we all chipped in and bought a few and hired a container. Possibly have to change in Rotterdam or somwhere along the line

My brother shipped his old lotus exige from Ireland to oz three years ago, used Dublin based company, I think 3k all in, I'll get you exact details if you want keith

Right, spoke with the brother, cost 9k aus dollars for shipping alone excluding all importation taxes Tec, used company called cargo online.co.uk they are uk based but arrange collection anywhere in the world,

He researched bringing car back from Australia with him,absolutely crazy money Keith, Australia have no co2 taxing system like japan and ireland which means revenue will charge highest rate of vrt and tax on a import that was not owned by the importer for at least 12 months in country of origin, to bring 2008 subaru liberty back with him from oz it was going to cost him 24k , not worth the hassle or money, buy from Japan auction much easier process.

Jap auction is the way to go and plenty on here including myself have loads of experience doing it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Group buy. The biggest expense is getting the container home, what is needed is a few cars built into a container on a frame and get it shipped home, container would cost approx 3k. Choice of cars would be a lot better and rust shouldn't be a factor often taught about it, just need some like minded individuals....

I'd say JohnnyT would know Keith as he brought a yolk back there I think :thumb:

yeah colm its grand if you owned the car in oz for at least 12 months before you export it but if your simply looking to import from oz having never lived there its crazy money

Just read your post there Kieran
thats mad money alright
wonder if same on cars before 2008 ?

Lads yous are talking about the auctions
here's one for ya
can you see if there is a legacy ra r for sale
and post it up here
first person to post one wins a ISDC URL sticker posted to there door :thumb:

I didn't have the hassle of bringing the holden in from oz so I don't know what the costs would be, I found it for sale online in co. clare when I was working in boston and had my old fella go and get it for me....it was still on aussie plates at the time coz the owner had owned it for 7 months or something like that and changed his mind on keeping it and using over here....

I would have thought new zealand be better bet

Shipping same.

Cars cheaper

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back