Urgent help

You mean spark plug popped off coilpack on the inside? The connectors on the outside of the coilpack looked fine and secure.

Need to try to find some spare injectors as C&R have no stock of them and would be 4-5 week order from Japan. :(

Anyone have an blue side feed injectors lying around?

I have a set
used came out of nurburg noels type r
think they where reflowed by lateral but noel would confirm im sure
need 250 euro for em or ill keep em in the wardrobe

If you can get it running, try pull off the injectors individually and see which one does not effect the way it's running, pull that spark plug and see if it's saturated in petrol, check for spark at this plug, if you have spark pull the injector, check to see has cap came off, if no physical tell tale signs re fit injector and run it again.
If problem is still there in cylinder, swap injectors around and see does problem follow injector to another cylinder.. If the problem follows the injector you know it's the injector... If not it's something a bit more tricky,

Also check you wiring going to Coolant temp sensor, I had something similar before and it was bad connection at coolant temp sensor giving default reading and cold start was enabled.

Ok so Ciaran said he got it working normally again,but wasnt sure how, it seems like a wiring/grounding issue around the main look connector on the passenger side, he will identifiy problem exactly with some more troublshooting tomorrow Cylinder 1 is soaked in fuel so needs to be flushed out etc. So it seems like its not so bad.

i
Injector 1 was just spraying 100% on when started, just flooding the engine, exhaust is full of it he said, a good drive will sort that out and oil and filter change.

Ill get him to do my alignment for the new coilovers and check my brakes while there. might was well make the most of him having it there!

Ken, where would the coolant temp sensor usually located?

Usually in the centre of the engine facing the the front, around the back of alternator, it's in the cast piece of aluminium that carries the coolant from one side of engine to the other.. I was lucky as I was able to identify or isolate the problem to temperature related with the syvecs... My car was running down on one cylinder when starting from cold. I could un plug injector or coil pack on that particular cylinder and there was no difference.. It was completely dead.

I swapped the sensor but problem remaind, checked the wiring and it had been damaged previously and badly repaired at the plug so I just tidied it up and that fixed the problem..

My car started to register temp at about half way on gauge and then it would run ok.

Ok so Ciaran said he got it working normally again,but wasnt sure how, it seems like a wiring/grounding issue around the main look connector on the passenger side, he will identifiy problem exactly with some more troublshooting tomorrow Cylinder 1 is soaked in fuel so needs to be flushed out etc. So it seems like its not so bad.

i
Injector 1 was just spraying 100% on when started, just flooding the engine, exhaust is full of it he said, a good drive will sort that out and oil and filter change.

Ill get him to do my alignment for the new coilovers and check my brakes while there. might was well make the most of him having it there!

Ken, where would the coolant temp sensor usually located?

Good news

So seems like he found the problem, the main engine wiring loom was rubbing off the bracket and was fraying some of the wiring and obviously when i was routing the amp power cabling it shorted out the injector wiring causing this problem. All sorted now and just getting him to do the alignment while there and some other bits and pieces. Should have it back by Friday/sat morning

Great news Dan
at least it got you back to the house before it stoped too
and you get your alignment done aswell
so happy days :thumbsup:

Got the car back today. Needs a good long drive to get all the unburnt fuel out of the system. . unfortunately my car was too low to get on the ramp for alignment. Need to take the front lip off for that to happen.

Also it seems like the new discs with old Bells don't align so well. So offset is out. I'll probably send whole setup back to godspeed as it just doesn't fit

Back