Tyres! Want ones like RE070

Yes they will fit with no rubbing 👍 but not a standard size Biggest factory was 235/40/18 in that era but Nigel’s spec c gas 245/40/18 on no a set of white wheels abs ran perfect .

Are Bridgestone as mean with the tread as Michelin as the cup2 comes new with about 3-4mm of thread Compared with 7mm with a normal tyre

Grahamo will let us know about thread depth, but these were tested back to back at Nardo against Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport R, Cup 2 Connect and Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R and outperformed all 3 with the exception of wear rate on track.

Tests carried out by TÜV SÜD on the request of Bridgestone in November 2021 and March 2022 at the facilities Bridgestone EUPG (Italy) and Nardo (Italy) for tests with Mercedes AMG A45s, on tyre size 245/35 R19 Potenza Race compared to the performances of main competitors in the same segment: Goodyear Eagle F1 Supersport R, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 Connect, Pirelli P Zero Trofeo R. TUV Report No. 713231330.

1 Lap time at Nardo circuit (6115 meter), average time over three laps in seconds: Bridgestone (2:35,39), Pirelli (2:37,62), Michelin (2:37,87), Goodyear (2:37,89)
2 Dry braking distance (100 km/h to 0 km/h) at Bridgestone EUPG, distance in metres: Bridgestone (32.3), Michelin (32.8), Pirelli (33.2), Goodyear (34.6)
3 Ranked second for track longevity at Nardo circuit, rating in %: Goodyear (120%), Bridgestone (100%), Pirelli (80%), Michelin (60%)

Yes they will fit with no rubbing 👍 but not a standard size Biggest factory was 235/40/18 in that era but Nigel’s spec c gas 245/40/18 on no a set of white wheels abs ran perfect .

Are Bridgestone as mean with the tread as Michelin as the cup2 comes new with about 3-4mm of thread Compared with 7mm with a normal tyre
Yeah Joe I’d say 5mm on them I’ll do a depth on them in work Monday and let you know.

The other thing to note which I forgot, is that there is a savage rim protection on the sidewall of the tyres & doesn’t look stupid either.

Got my first proper dry run this morning on them, really impressed again.

Had to do a slight launch from a junction this morning going onto a major road.
Even at 5 degrees they just bit the road and fired me up it without drama!

Normally I get a bit of spin on the rear wheels before it all kicks in… not sure if it’s my suspension set up?

But… these new tyres just gripped and I was rooting through the box, like someone in the Tesco reduced yellow label fridge…. For more!!

Dry cornering is just stupid! Turn in is basically where you point it!
I’ve had to adjust several times or I was going in the ditch on the left!

Anyway they are great 🤣
Mad money but bang for buck is 110%.

So more feedback! Still doing what I wanted them to do and can’t fault them.

I’ve noticed after a hard spin and taking it handy for a few mins before home, they seem to pick up lots of loose stuff on the road and fire it round the place!

Last tyres that did that, were the Medium compound R888 R’s I had on the road for a few months.
Really hope they last longer than them!!! 🙈

Back