Will make a good topic to be fair.

What tyres ye running
How do ye find them in the wet/dry
Lifespan
Price
Size etc etc
Alloys they're fitted on...8j 9j etc

Be good 👍

Recently just bought a set of Nankang AS-2+ myself...haven't tested them yet...geometry set up Tuesday.
Will report then

OEM 17" STI wheels
225/45/17

Will do proper review here in 2 or 3 weeks 💪

Good thread Eoin 👍🏻

So I’ve the Bridgestone Potenza Race 225/45/17’s on standard BBS wheels, great so far! Need a bit of dry to confirm.

Pulled!!! The RE070 Potenza off the same 17inch rims.

070’s were the tyre many years ago I got as the car came from Japan, with 235 width on it.

Did track days/fast road on the 225 version.

The tyre that just keeps on giving! I mean that!
Fault negative camber on the front over 4 years and still passes NCT test.

Had R888R before, think Dec drove it after alignment he did.. fresh rubber and scrubbed when I got to him.

He enjoyed the test drive but not so much telling him to drive it on…!
He enjoyed the set up he did and those tyres!!

Track day them….!! (Medium compound)

30 laps they were done!
Ran them another few months on the road heading for winter and they would scare the sh1t out of you with the smallest bit of standing water!!

Hit standing water and it was a really violent hard pull to the left!!
They would drag you into a ditch!!!

Lastly.. a normal go to the shop tyre.

The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical.

On my 18 Revos and they are fantastic.
They do it all to be fair.

Soft sidewalls and rubber moves around a bit pushing on a bit bit very good for fast wet/dry roads.

Just a bit “bum squirmy”!! Moving around a bit like.
You know the bum in the seat feeling (not solid) and then it’s moving and swaying in the seat… as you are pushing on..??

To summarise what I’ve used.

RE070 most softest best wearing tyre I’ve owned

R888R unreal for track but wear away every lap,

faster than you’d replace Twin babies nappy’s… at the same track day!! 😉

Now… the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical
That is the pinnacle IMO of mid range price, do a lot more tyre.

Never wears at all.

On a budget I’d buy the F1s

RE070
Was looking at the reviews on that, gets fantastic reviews to be fair. Good to hear some feedback from them fitted on an STI. Will be getting tyres on the other wheels now for summer again, will deffo be a good thread to help decide 👍

Great topic Eoin....

Should come in very handy for people when buying new rubber.
Plenty info ,reviews & opinions on the different options out there...

I will be in the market in the near future,so will be keeping an eye on this....
As it stands I'm set on Eagle F1...
Had them on the wrx & found brilliant, so I'm thinking same again👍👍

Think Vredestein on front & Pirelli on rear Eoin,
Rears are in need of a change

Hard to know with different tyres too I guess... you changing all 4?

The front are good ,but might do all 4 & have the 2 good ones as backup

Ordered Goodyear Eagle F1 asymmetric 6 over the holidays.....they arrived this morning.......(Tyreleader...)20240105_110603.jpg

Have 2 good vredestein on front ,which will be moved to the rear ......Will probably pick up 2 more of the Goodyear's in the very near future.....

Will update how I find them ,once have few kms clocked up...

Just my 2 cents,

Put 4 new vredestein ultra something on old blob sti after reading good reviews on them online followed by proper alignment afterwards.

I found them absolutely sh*t on the car, the car was all over the place at speed/ cornering and it wasn't my driving, 🤣

Sold alloys and tyres and went back to Michelin ps4 and no comparison imo. The Michelins ps4/5 are in a different league. Goodyear Eagle or supersport also very good

Will probably be getting 2 more of the Goodyears in a few weeks,just wiser having all corners the same...

Will keep the vredestein as backups

Years ago bought set of wheels that came with near new vredestein and they were great on the road. Then l replaced them with the newer model but ll sold the car. Ciaran will say if they are up to the scratch as well 👍

Herself has an F10 520D, put 4 Nexen N'Fera on it about a month ago and I must say, quite impressed now tbh.
Good grip in dry, excellent in the wet, very good with aqua planes too, and she thinks the same also.
They weren't bad on price either, but deffo one of the better ones from the mid tier range I think.
Was considering getting them on the prodrive to be honest..but I'm clueless as to what I'm doing with those at the moment

And I had great confidence in them tyres kieran, I ran them for a few years.
I remember you saying that actually Paul.
They were the PPF7 wheels you got wasn't it.
I was with you one day for a fairly spirited run with those, seemed good to me. Lol funny how that is 😆

Back