Turbo

Rob

RobH
ISDC Club Member
Looking for more advice, tempted to change or upgrade turbo and looking for info on what I should do, what type size or even get my own rebuilt etc.... All info appreciated ????

Looking for more advice, tempted to change or upgrade turbo and looking for info on what I should do, what type size or even get my own rebuilt etc.... All info appreciated [emoji106]
My opinion and there's no hard and fast rules about getting turbos upgraded.

1. Set yourself a target for what you want to achieve with the turbo e.g more top end hp, more midrange power, more torque, quicker spooling etc
2. Have a set budget
3. Decide on whether you want a new, used or rebuilt unit e.g upgrade your own one to make it a hybrid
4. Start narrowing down turbo models and brands that fit above criteria and read about their specifics
5. If possible, drive a Subaru with different turbos and setups as nothing replaces the feel of experiencing a particular setup
6. Check if you need any other supporting mods to increase air flow/reliability if not done already as we all know how the EJ engines tend to start having issues when we start modding them. E.g bigger injectors, upgraded turbo inlet hose, tgv delete(if not present), exhaust upgrade, heat management etc
7. Discuss with your mapper before buying a turbo if they have recommendations as they would usually know what each turbo can get on a dyno and what characteristics they have e.g good low end vs laggy

I went through the above over the last few months and you can have a look at my build thread for the info and very helpful info from the guys here. Going ahead with an upgraded turbo soon and once done, your more than welcome forme to take you for a spin in it[emoji106]

Subaru Impreza Wrx SL Wagon 2004
#hmblwgn
www.instagram.com/hhphoto7

When a new or different turbo are you looking for more power or top end grunt . Has your car being mapped are are you getting the best out of your current setup . If it hasn?t being mapped I?d start with that if it has being mapped figure out what your missing and take it from there :thumbsup:

Back