turbo upgrade?

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=6226.msg71723#msg71723 date=1206445492]
its standard wrx turbo on it at the min. i have a brand new vf34 turbo waiting there to buy for 350 pounds which i think is a bargain for brand new one. i am not going to stick it on just yet until i have gathered up all the bits i need to do this turbo upgrade :thumbsup:

plans are vf34 turbo, 3 port boost solenoid, 550cc pink sti injectors. than take it back to get remap again tweak it again for what mods i have added on.
[/quote]

Sounds good :thumbsup:

cheers :thumbsup: should be ok once i have done that il take it easy once iv fitted turbo n that to break the new turbo in and get her tweaked aswell b4 i push her up the road.

all this talk of power is givin me a brake wedgy,scooby wrx maybe you do ,but i dont see any mension of a brake upgrade on your car and with 300 bhp before you go any more up the bhp ladder i would recommend some big stoppers as it will make your car a lot quicker but if your just looking for a print out td05 20g all the way

that was me being funny il look at some good pads online n see which are good.

Ferodo pads , decent fluid discs and lines and he will be grand, brakes would be great for the track though, I really need a decent set of brakes on my yoke :?

Id also pick the 18g over the 20g for your car.

Damo

wana stick to a genuine straight fit vf34 sti turbo iv got a brand new 1 for 350 quid on the way :thumbsup:

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=6226.msg71841#msg71841 date=1206465598]
wana stick to a genuine straight fit vf34 sti turbo iv got a brand new 1 for 350 quid on the way :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Yeah cant argue with that.

can anyone recommend a boost solenoid and prices? and injectors and prices?

when im not getting a vf34 turbo nomore i am going for the td05 18g turbo now :thumbsup:

but whats the 16g turbo not on list why does nobody use it?

[quote author=scooby wrx link=topic=6226.msg72006#msg72006 date=1206495284]
when im not getting a vf34 turbo nomore i am going for the td05 18g turbo now :thumbsup:

but whats the 16g turbo not on list why does nobody use it?
[/quote]

Very good choice :thumbsup:

why does anyone never go for 16g turbo? and does anyone have any vf34,35 or td05 18g, 20g turbos for sale?

As Renno said earlier! I think daveleggy has an 18g going spare
I recon it's the best choice for you :thumbsup:

@Renno: Any idea what spec AndyF was running on his RA to get 440bhp with a 20g??

@Scooby wrx: I'd sort your brakes before going for more power! I've spent a third of the all money I've spent on mods on my brakes!
Dan

yea gona take it step by step collect all bits i need not rushing into it taking my time going to do it right lads :thumbsup:

whats dif in a vf35 and a vf39 turbo?

been looking on the internet alot of wrx's with vf39s on them aswell.

There are so many turbos out there to choose from!
Beleive me! I agonised over the same issue for ages before setting on the TD05 20g and I have no doubt that it is the best turbo on the market for my current state of tune!
ie, she starts making significent boost by 2500rpm and full boost by around 3000rpm and then maintains that boost to the redline! and for 380 odd bhp and 400 odd lb/ft that's great!
The 18g is exactly the same only it has a slightly smaller compressor wheel so flowing less air so making maybe 25 bhp less than the 20g and so should spool a little bit quicker and sooner and still make good power through out the rev range!
I hope this helps man! it's very frusterating making these choices!
Maybe start a pole that lads could vote on a turbo! Kinda like "ask the audiance"
Dan

Back