Turbo Types ..

Fathertedc

Sunday Drivers
I was just tryin to find out if there are differnet turbos in the bugeye wrx and sti or are they the same ?
Also looking for some suggestions for turbos for bugeye jdm wrx

Vf30 UK STI and VF34 JDM STI I think. 01 WRX has a TD04. A VF34 Would be a nice upgrade.

what power could the wrx take without the tranny or something going pop ?
could i head to 350 with a new turbo and intercooler and everything else be ok ?

With the right turbo and mods plus lots of octane booster and a remap you will safely get 350 bhp but you will need at least:

A TD 05 18g turbo, bigger injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, K&N panel filter, full exhaust system inc up pipe and samco hoses for the intercooler (but preferably bolt in the STI intercooler and hood undertray to seal the bigger intercooler).

All in inc fitting you'll be looking at just over 4k min. NOt cheap but worth it ;)

Frawls

As Frawls has said above, The WRX only has 380cc injectors so an upgrade to STI Pinks would do the job. Only other issue I could see is the non STI gear boxes dont seem to last very long up around that area. Depends how its used I suppose.

DAMO

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=3075.msg29627#msg29627 date=1185472120]
As Frawls has said above, The WRX only has 380cc injectors so an upgrade to STI Pinks would do the job. Only other issue I could see is the non STI gear boxes dont seem to last very long up around that area. Depends how its used I suppose.

DAMO
[/quote]

the jap bug eye 00/01 runs a 4.44 ratio......... not too sure about irish one...... Possibily stick 4.44 ratio STi5/6 gearbox in to cope with the power..?

thx for the info guys
i really should have bought an sti...... feckin vrt
cant work out whether to go and mod this one, or get a 2003 sti

Back