Turbo timers fitted

Turbo timers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spend elsewhere imo.
If the last few minutes of a drive are easy it's the same as letting her run on on a timer

have it on my car I set it on 30sec and it doesn't bother me at all. in rare cases when Im in great hurry and I cant spare 30sec. I just stop the car without pulling hand brake and timer doesn't kick in. its not necessarily needed but Im not bothered with it

EDIT: some timing (LOL) this just pop up in my fb news feed:

Attachments

• dadad.jpg
    dadad.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Have a Greddy FAT, no its not really necessary but handy to leave it run for 30 secs to 1 min depending on the driving.
Picked up for decent money second hand, prob wouldn't splash out on a new one.

There's a potential security issues with em too not going to post it here but easy to find on the interweb

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The whole point of them is that the turbo keeps spinning long after you turn the engine off. Leaving it on idle for 30secs to a minute let's the turbo spin down while the oil pump is still pumping fresh oil up to the turbo shaft. An OE turbo might be alright to just turn off and leave spinning with no oil pressure but if you were to spend money on a uprated turbo I think you'd be foolish to not have a timer because the uprated turbo by its nature is going to spin more freely and for longer. https://youtu.be/C08aK84waFc
That been said Iv had a turbo timer on every Performance turbo engined car Iv had. Every little helps I suppose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I'd fit an aftermarket one. only have it because it's on the Clifford
Used ones go for very cheap

car frozen , start car and let run on TT while i lock car go inside and get some warm water .

Also, as i dont like to shite on my own doorstep ,most last two mins of journey are as little throttle as possible .so no need for it in that dept .

I thought a TT was a necessity with our type of car, I was going to get one because I keep forgetting to keep the car running when I pull into the shop or wherever. Maybe I should re think this idea

Even on the early turbo legacys there was a sticker on the door saying to leave the car idle for 1 or 2 min after heavy driving driving

Ive fitted them to a levin before(not my car) apexi unit

Being honest, I've never seen the need for them unless it was track car even then you do a cool down lap before switching it off

I did find it triggered the alarm on my b4 if i left it running on it when going to shop or what have you which was a pain

Have one, and while it worked, I had no complaints, now, its sometimes working, sometimes not, and drives me mad. If I knew where, Id get it removed

Have one, and while it worked, I had no complaints, now, its sometimes working, sometimes not, and drives me mad. If I knew where, Id get it removed

Shouldn't be big job if its using a plug n play harness id say

poinless money grabbing gimick if you ask me. Had one on a Starlet GT years ago, most pointless money i ever spent. As already said, you tend not to drive hard going home or going to work, or down to the shop for a packet of skittles :D
The odd time it is driven briskly, chill for a minute before you jump out.

wouldnt say no if i got it for free tho :p lol

Back