turbo timer for 04 legacyb4

johnb4

Middle Lane Hogs
i am looking for a turbo timer for my leggy and just wondering an anyone help me.
i was offered one for €30 and it came out of a glanza and just wondreing would it suit me leggy
or do i have to buy a specific one

Turbo timers are usually generic but you would buy the wiring loom specifically for your model car.

They're not too dear, looms I think are about 25 yoyos. What make timer is it?

if you bought that turbo timer, i think you would have to cut the wires where the harness goes in, if you dont mind doing that

[quote author=STi Brian link=topic=14030.msg173665#msg173665 date=1238580309]
Turbo timers are usually generic but you would buy the wiring loom specifically for your model car.

They're not too dear, looms I think are about 25 yoyos. What make timer is it?
[/quote]
not sure what make it is will find out later

[quote author=MarkC link=topic=14030.msg173666#msg173666 date=1238580389]
if you bought that turbo timer, i think you would have to cut the wires where the harness goes in, if you dont mind doing that
[/quote]
no haven bought it yet just want to make sure it would suit first

What alarm do you have fitted?
If it's a Cifford (and possibly more) you can get a turbo timer built in :thumbsup:
Otherwise you have to wait until the timer has finished before you can alarm the car which kinda defeats the purpose of the timer in the first place as you may as well sit in the car for 30 seconds......

Alan.

[quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=14030.msg173681#msg173681 date=1238583619]
What alarm do you have fitted?
If it's a Cifford (and possibly more) you can get a turbo timer built in :thumbsup:
Otherwise you have to wait until the timer has finished before you can alarm the car which kinda defeats the purpose of the timer in the first place as you may as well sit in the car for 30 seconds......

Alan.
[/quote]
no its not a clifford its a sigma any idea if i can get one built into that

don't think there is any option like that for Sigma alarms after a quick google search. so it may interfere with the alarm arming properly. Only really need a turbo timer if she is driven hard a lot and you cant wait in the car for a min or two after stop. only reason i got one on mine is because it was an option on the clifford alarm and was only an extra 100 euro. dont use it that often.

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=14030.msg173694#msg173694 date=1238586741]
don't think there is any option like that for Sigma alarms after a quick google search. so it may interfere with the alarm arming properly. Only really need a turbo timer if she is driven hard a lot and you cant wait in the car for a min or two after stop. only reason i got one on mine is because it was an option on the clifford alarm and was only an extra 100 euro. dont use it that often.
[/quote]
cheers altezzadan was looking install one really for the morning time as i live in flat complex and cant leave her running for the few mins it takes to heat her up.
ps its hard to keep it of boost for ten mins haha

not sure what you mean? turbo timer only keeps the engine running after you get out of the car as far as i know, not before. If im understanding you right its a remote start feature you want that starts the car for you from the house, keeping car locked letting the engine warm up??

dan ye can use it to warm up the car too, this is what i use mine for mostly. i set it to 5 mins start the car and then take out the key and lock the car using the remote central locking, not the alarm. ive a little pencil thin t/t made by apexi. ive been meaning to see how mine is connected and to write up a bit of a tutorial.

i allways thought remote start came as part of an alarm system that has an integrated turbo timer, and a normal stand alone turbo timer doesnt have a remote start function, but is wired trough the ignition and hand brake.

Back