Trolley Jack

Rob Spec C

Octane Boostaholics
Looking for a good quality car jack if anyone knows the best place? I can get what looks like a decent one in the motor factors for 130 plus vat. Anyone got one or know where you can get a good one at a decent price?

There's a nice one on Micksgarage.com. I have one and its good for 2 tonnes. Small and handy if you just need to jack it up for something small.

Hi Rob,

I have a Sealey Race Jack 2.5t and it is brilliant!

The advantage is that it is a proper heavy duty pro quality, but still light enough to lift and/or take with you... and has extra low entry which I found I needed when was trying to lift blue Blob and couldn't get under it with a normal trolly jack (like one on Micksgarage). . Has quick action to raise to full height in only few pumps (when no weight on it).

Paid €225 (that was trade price as was up for 280) at local factors about 8 years ago. I had Here's a link to their site (only difference is that mine doesn't have front wheels, but a solid cylinder between the two red sides and seems a lot dearer now than what I paid). Is the proper job though as won't ever have issues getting under car as you'd have with normal jacks. http://www.sealey.co.uk/PLPageBuilder.asp?id=20&method=mViewProduct&productid=16354

I got a 3 tonne extra low blue point jack off of snap on here and it's brilliant plus it goes up really high
As far as I can remember it was €185 gar kavnagh on here is our local snap on man keith Martley is the Dublin rep you will see him on Facebook rob that's de jack to go for man

Cant find the one on micks garage, only one there is a 1.25tonne.

Ye, that sealey one is mad money now.

This is the one I was looking at.

Attachments

• IMG_20150402_114933.jpg
    IMG_20150402_114933.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20150402_114933.jpg
    IMG_20150402_114933.jpg
    993.1 KB · Views: 19
Have a aldi one and halfords axel stands never a problem
and have a meal out with the money ya save

My one looks better than the 1st one
always using it with no bother think it was 29 Euro
I have seen the same Jack in motorfactors for sale
it's yellow and red

This it Keith?

W6_PD_Thursday_UL_22e7392c35.jpg

Sorry it's 2 tone

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
That looks the business Tom nice and low.
you probably use it every day I just couldn't justify spending 2 or 3 hundred quid on something you probably use 5 times a year

Don't hold me to that price I was trying to find my old invoice I think that was actually only €145 euro wasn't mad money but a great great jack gets used for all sorts lifting off trailers off drawbars with diggers or rollers on them

Have my one 11 years Joe use it probably about 15 times a year and its as good as the day I got it

I have the aluminium racing jack. Good jack and a feather to move about only about 120 I think. Only bother single wheel on front might not be great on gravel. Or if ya see a sealey offer sheet in factor thinks there is a trolley jack on offer front page can't think what price.
But also have a lidl special and it never let me down to be fair.

I've got the LIDL job for around 30E.
5 years and 6 cars and still going strong
only few weeks ago I used it to fit the splitter and
while my head was fully under the bumper I reminded myself
that Im in the hands of LIDL product.. but I lived to tell the story :)

Back