Tribute to Zigster - May he Rest in Peace

admin

Administrator
Staff member
It is with deep regret to announce the tragic passing of a wonderful club member, Zigster aka Mike Siggaard, age 37. Mike was a naturally friendly, approachable, engaging, and helpful fella. He was a creative, talented, expressive photographer with a keen artistic eye and a love for cars. Anyone that has been lucky enough to cross paths with Mike over the years in the club and at club events, will know he was only too glad to take club car photos, spend the time post-processing them and making them freely available for all to enjoy.

Over the years Mike contributed to the club in so many ways, here are a ‘few’ examples:

Mike joined the club on the 31st of March 2015 and purchased his first Subaru in April 2015, a 2000 Forester (https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/hello-everyone.41662).

In March 2017, Mike done a fantastic feature on a club members car, if you find time to review this, you will undoubtedly see the quality, time and effort Mike put in (https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/ciaran-wrx-my05-impreza-wrx.45493).

In July 2018, took some wonderful photos at Terenure to share with the club and its members (https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/zigpics-members-cars-terenure-2018.47594).

In Feb 2020, Mike and Eileen were on the lookout for a clean WRX, Mike said “I had to admit I was very much against it due to being cursed when it comes to Subaru’s, anyway if you can’t beat them join them, so we have decided to join the scene / club ‘Together’ and do this as a couple to break the curse and have some fun together :) and get to share the pain together lol...”. In March 2020 Mike and Eileen bought a clean WRX to enjoy together (https://isdc.ie/forum/threads/a-new-wrx-beginning.48996).

Mike’s signature on the site “If you can dream it, you can do it” demonstrates his positive outlook in life and he certainly warmed the hearts of many a club member.

Our sincere thoughts are with Eileen and Mike’s family at this unimaginable traumatic time, the club extends our support. We can truly say Mike touched the hearts and lives of many in the club and will be sorely missed forever.

Hard to believe I went out for a burger with Mike and Eileen 2 weeks before I heard the news. Frankly, I'm still in shock. He looked fine and was happy as always. They were to take me out to lunch a couple of weeks after but not to be I guess.

You never know what's around the corner.

Attachments

• 23E54BDD-9A35-4CC2-88A5-33ECF257ACD5.jpeg
    23E54BDD-9A35-4CC2-88A5-33ECF257ACD5.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 11
Awful news. Mike was a gentleman. Only had the opportunity to meet him once, him and Eileen, but that was enough to see how much of a gent he really was.
Deepest condolences to Eileen and Mike's family.

Jesus rip, only met him in ennis in August just gone, I was filling up with juice heading to runway club and himself and Eileen were there,

Rip,

Sincere condolences to the family and Eileen. My thoughts are with them at this difficult time.

The first ever person I met off Isdc was Mike. He was working in Cherrywood at the time and I bought parts off him. Fun, friendly and so bubbly as a person. He suggested all sorts of things for my car and was full of knowledge. Such an amazing soul.

I'm reading the news of his passing utterly in shock. May he rest in peace

Very sad news, indeed.
I didn't know Mike personally but one memory I have was the time he was on the radio talking about his snakes. He did a great interview and his personality came across as a genuine, easy going, fun to be with person.
Condolences to Eileen and all who knew Mike.
RIP Mike.

Very tragic to hear. I'd frequent Backroads a bit and I remember seeing a post from Neelie that herself and Mike just had their bid accepted on their dream house and he fell ill and passed very quickly afterward. My heart goes out to Neelie and Mikes family.

Huge loss to everyone that knew him

Way to young

Rip Mike

Attachments

• received_10211638778110159.jpeg
    received_10211638778110159.jpeg
    215 KB · Views: 46
  • 20211106_150053.jpg
    20211106_150053.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 48
Condolences to mike and family never got to meet him but from what i've read sounded like a great guy to know r.i.p.

Very sad news a great guy I remember being out a few times with Mike and looked forward to seeing his posts and pictures he took of days out with club gave alot back in the way of his talent and eye for detail. Have a great memory of Mike hanging out the window of zheikos car on way back from Agm taking snaps along the motorway. My condolences to Eileen and Mike's family

Very Sorry to hear of Mikes passing,Condolences to Family & Friends,Eileen and Mike always struck me as Soul Mates ,Very Sad news.

Back