Trade or Not

Paddy scooby

Middle Lane Hogs
Folks,

Advise me please folks, I have been offered a 2003 Black impreza sti, really nice one now, fresh jap import but it will be imported when I buy it. Has 46000mls on it plane Jane sti. :thumbsup:

The catch is he wants 7k along with my 97impreza type-r, with few bits done to it, has 86000mls on it :sad:.

Would you do it? Opinions please.

P.S. I have driven the 03 one and its not that fast, not as quick as the type-r, but it would have to be mapped of course.

Rgds

Paddy

All depends what you want.
Are you looking for performance or comfort.
Comfort = 03 STi
Performance = Type R

Personally I'd keep the type R as 7k is a fair wedge of cash and it'll need more spent on it (mapping being a costly one).

[quote author=Legy C link=topic=14072.msg174070#msg174070 date=1238683188]
I agree with BMW Man
[/quote]

Ha ha ha...

I'll soon convert ye all...!!!

id seriously just keep the type r,

much nicer car over all with more rewards in driving it.

classics all the way (unless its RB320 :icon_nana:)

:thumbsup:

Thanks Folks for the feed back, honestly there didnt seem to be as much performance out of the 03 but the looks are unbelieveable! They look really aggressive espically in black!! Awh its a lovely motor now there is no taking away from it. But when you take into consideration that its not mapped and VERY standard, it has to be considered doesnt it!

At the outset I just thought it was a great deal for a 03 model.

Thanks lads for the advice, wont be going for a BMW any but Yogi :) sorry man.

rgds

Paddy

K for an 03 sti bascially..doesnt seem that unreasonable to me..type r will have more performance out of the box than pretty much an Subaru, IMO good opportunity to move up in years offer him 5 see if he he budges if he does nice one if not no loss

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=14072.msg174087#msg174087 date=1238687124]
K for an 03 sti bascially..doesnt seem that unreasonable to me..type r will have more performance out of the box than pretty much an Subaru, IMO good opportunity to move up in years offer him 5 see if he he budges if he does nice one if not no loss
[/quote]

Well thats the other side of it Dagnut, thats what I was thinking, something a bit newer would be nice. Well ill let you's know how it pans out for me.

Cheers all.

Paddy

yap, id offer him 5 + yours as you will be going up the years and really with the new age cars if your not tracking it wouldnt have to be mapped, but if you do want the preformance of your type r back you could map it with a few small mods and you would have the best of both worlds

[quote author=jim dublin link=topic=14072.msg174114#msg174114 date=1238693253]
Is this the 03 STI in Northside motors by any chance?
[/quote]

No its not that one but I did look at that one, didnt really like it, was way down on power and a serious knocking noise from the back of it.

Awh think Ill stick with the type-r for another while and get it mapped by one of the traders with a diff turbo or something, see what happens.

Rgds

Paddy

That the black one looking for 24k not so long ago?,serious amount of dosh for that,considering you would want to map it etc,& not to mention my obvious adversion to buying from that dealer!

Good decision Paddy, stick with the Type R and sink some cash into her!

[quote author=Gary O link=topic=14072.msg174371#msg174371 date=1238762607]
That the black one looking for 24k not so long ago?,serious amount of dosh for that,considering you would want to map it etc,& not to mention my obvious adversion to buying from that dealer!
[/quote]

Yeah thats the one, unbelievable the way they can drop it €7500!! Jesus you'd be seriously annoyed if you had have traded your car in for it!!

@ AndyC - Thanks I think its the best decision alright, funny even the woman telling me to keep my own car, and its the women that would be on for getting you to spend the cash!! Crazy aint it :)

Thanks lads for the different views.

Rgds

Paddy

Back