Trackdays.ie

They run a great day,very relaxed and loads of track time.

I'll see how tomorrow goes and I might try and get to this one

They run a great day,very relaxed and loads of track time.

I'll see how tomorrow goes and I might try and get to this one

I am not sure if you've been to the recent track days lately but I can attest that it's not relaxed with loads of track time anymore. Red flags, poor driving standards are way more common place to the point that I stopped going to the regular track days. Sad to see this going this way as they used to be a lot of fun 😢

Fuckit...I'm off....Will I 🤣👀🤪

I would suggest that if its your first trackday to better off doing the Circuit Social one instead. It's more expensive but limited to 30 cars only for the day. It's very good as it allows a lot more track time and a freer track. I've done it a few times and the driving standards are much better.

I am not sure if you've been to the recent track days lately but I can attest that it's not relaxed with loads of track time anymore. Red flags, poor driving standards are way more common place to the point that I stopped going to the regular track days. Sad to see this going this way as they used to be a lot of fun 😢
I was at the one last Thursday,
To be fair there was 8 or 9 red flags. Very frustrating but of those were genuine breakdowns and cleared up fairly fast.

I normally do the jdmclassics days with mixed 20 mins grip to 20 mins drifting and you are under pressure to get out for each session.

Imo you are going to have red flags at most days.especially if there's 100+ cars.

Circuit social looks even more relaxed but I believe they don't want first timers or inexperienced track day goers so they can maximise driving time. With only 30 drivers they shouldn't have any red flags.

I genuinely think trackdays.ie are working hard to minimise red flags.

Trackdays.ie should have separate track days for track cars and road cars, they just don't mix for lots of reasons but instead they decided to price mormal people out of a safe track day with there social days,

Trackdays.ie should have separate track days for track cars and road cars, they just don't mix for lots of reasons but instead they decided to price mormal people out of a safe track day with there social days,
Happens everywhere johnny with high end track days, same at any track including nurburgring, 800 sterling for a track day there a few years ago, myself and my brother went half's with cost but a great day with lovely cars and no dickheads with altezzas crashing every 5 minutes, I totally understand the comment about pricing out the normal joe soap but to be honest I have no problem paying a little extra for a well run event where everybody has good track manners👍,

I've done 4 or 5 track days with trackdays.ie
Always well run I'm the longest I've waited is 15 mins after red flag
Oil on track after a engine let go

Great value and stay out as long as you or your car is fit to be honest with the 3 or so hours of track time most road based cars will need a break even if you don't

The red flag situation got ridiculous there for a long time , 1 every 10-15mins one day , felt like packing up and going home but in fairness to them they have tackled it head on and are putting repeat red flaggers in a sinbin for a 15-30mins or something and then if they cause another after that they are banned for the day .

The circuit social day is a great idea even if a bit dear , that would be ideal for a fast car so you can stretch its legs , a slower car is ok on the ordinary days as you can negotiate through traffic at a similar pace to most

I was at the one last Thursday,
To be fair there was 8 or 9 red flags. Very frustrating but of those were genuine breakdowns and cleared up fairly fast.

I normally do the jdmclassics days with mixed 20 mins grip to 20 mins drifting and you are under pressure to get out for each session.

Imo you are going to have red flags at most days.especially if there's 100+ cars.

Circuit social looks even more relaxed but I believe they don't want first timers or inexperienced track day goers so they can maximise driving time. With only 30 drivers they shouldn't have any red flags.

I genuinely think trackdays.ie are working hard to minimise red flags.

The red flags just got the better of me and I gave up after.

Also, I am of the opinion as well that race cars should be seperate from road/trackday cars. We noticed as a group that the race cars were using trackdays as testing grounds, with timing and being really I was basically living in my mirrors as they would come on to you so quick and overtake left/right, irrespective of what the briefing recommended. It came to a head one track day when an ITCC track car at the end of the straight ran straight out of talent and brakes such that it was about to plough into an R33 GTR, Rob's Radical, a Megane RS Mk3 and another GT-ST. Don't know how it managed to avoid all these cars and ended up on the grass. This was the last straw for us lot as we all had decent cars and didn't want to be part of an accident that would wipe our pride and joy.

The Circuit Social days aren't restricted only to the experienced track drivers. It is a good mix of novices and regular guys. Very relaxed, zero pressure on track time and excellent driving manners. The last 2 I went had 1 red flag for the whole day as someone broke down. The most recent one, zero red flags. There were full on track cars but no racing cars competing in race series on that last day. It shows with the amount of track time everyone had and the afternoon session, there was even less cars and some went home after lunch. I remember going on for a good 10 laps with no cars behind or infront of me. I could concentrate on the driving at hand and learnt a whole lot during that time. I loved it.

the JDM Classics days are the best going lately, 20 mins grip and 20 mins drift alternating, 20 mins perfect amount of track time before having to give the car a rest and also have entertainment while you wait :ROFLMAO:

The red flag situation got ridiculous there for a long time , 1 every 10-15mins one day , felt like packing up and going home but in fairness to them they have tackled it head on and are putting repeat red flaggers in a sinbin for a 15-30mins or something and then if they cause another after that they are banned for the day .

The circuit social day is a great idea even if a bit dear , that would be ideal for a fast car so you can stretch its legs , a slower car is ok on the ordinary days as you can negotiate through traffic at a similar pace to most

Agreed. They seem to be getting on top of the red flags but I think it's just the sheer number of cars, with mixed driving abilities and racing cars in between that may be contributing to this as well.

The Circuit Social is worth it even though it's dearer from my perspective. And you said it rightly, with my car, I need the space to stretch it's legs a bit without having to hold back :)

Great day at Trackdays.ie today, rain stayed away until 5.00 with the exception of a light shower.
I think there was 3 red flags in total today. They warned everyone at briefing two red flags and you were going home,no exception.
Seems to have worked (for today anyway)

Car ran great all day,looking forward to more seat time in the exocet 20230818_164005.jpg20230818_165707.jpg

Back